No Fear

Tae was used to the quiet, he often enjoyed spending hours in his favourite room with a book as the only company he had but he longed for one sound... he craved the sound of Jungkook's voice.

During the hours since his heart had stopped, a calmness descended on the room. The air was comforting and warm, like a blanket in winter but Tae felt far from relaxed. His senses were on high alert, every hair on his body stood up and his hearing seemed more acute than ever. Thankfully, Hobi had warned him about this and this was the one part that Namjoon and Jin had also had a say in after they had seen how protective Tae had been in the disused shop. Hobi had explained it like a predator with its prey and how usually a vampire would be prepared to attack if anything threatened to steal it. In Tae's case, his instincts had kicked in because of Jungkook's vulnerability and even the slightest sound caused him to react.

He had taken the vitamins in the blood as the warlocks had told him to. He had checked his list a thousand times and gone over everything that had happened, hoping he had done it right and that enough venom had gone in. He had checked the wound and kissed Jungkook a lot, feeling the warmth disappear from his body. Sleep evaded him, unable to settle, his body vibrating with every sound, clinging to the man laying in front of him... whispering in his ear and waiting.

The following day he did it all again, checking his list and drinking the blood to keep his strength up. He held his boyfriend's hands against his chest, still wrapped around him from behind and pressed his lips against his skin. His stomach flipped when he checked the wound and noticed it had healed, leaving two scars standing out on his skin, finally, a sign. Tae kissed them, running his tongue over the two raised circles and let his lips linger. He tightened his hold and kissed him more, rocking him gently and speaking quietly in his ear.

"Please come back to me, Kookie" he repeated again and again, kissing him in between.

The hours passed and the candles flickered, he was glad of the everlasting light spell that the warlocks had placed on the columns of wax because they were the only source of light right now. It was a comforting glow and it was good to be able to see, without the pinky hue invading everything in his field of vision.

He was in the middle of ghosting his lips over his ear and whispering his plea when he was sure he felt Jungkook's fingers move. Tae stopped what he was doing and looked down over his shoulder at the orderly's chest, where his hands covered Jungkook's. Tae knew that if he could breathe, he'd be holding his breath in anticipation. The wait was unbearable, a strange notion given the fact that is all he had been doing but as he saw his fingers twitch, he became more impatient than ever. He squeezed Jungkook's hands gently, attached his mouth to his neck and face, kissing him over and over again, willing this to be it... desperate to hear his voice and hold him properly.

It all seemed to take forever... his hands started moving and Tae held them firmly, remembering the moment he woke up and how the fear made him frantic. He had thrashed around until Namjoon and Jin had got him under control and made him see that he wasn't in any danger, only then had he calmed down. He didn't want Jungkook to be scared so he wrapped himself around him but then worried that when he opened his eyes, he would see the ceiling and feel restricted so may feel panicked, anyway. Tae thought of all the options and shifted them both so Jungkook was laying on his back, propped up against the pillows. Tae lay on his side, his left arm behind Jungkook's neck and his hand holding his shoulder. His right hand held the orderly's left hand against his chest and finally, Tae could see his face properly.

It was certainly a contrast to his previous appearance, his skin was so pale and his lips a deep pink. His hair had taken on a natural ebony colour that made his skin tone look much more pale than it probably was. Tae couldn't help himself, he thought that Jungkook was beautiful before but he looked ethereal and like something out of a book now. He leaned down and kissed his cheek, his skin cool against his lips. He left light kisses on his eyelid and chin, on his nose and more on his cheek, the temptation to press their lips together was so great but he resisted. Tae didn't want their first kiss to be like this, he wanted to look into his eyes and watch them close as their lips met. Their first kiss in the staff room had been a regret of his because it had been so chaotic and he had run off afterwards. This was his chance to do things the right way, to correct the mistakes and for there to be no limitations or problems.