𝘫𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 - 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

notes:

angst (sort of)

happy ending

cursing

1.8k words

You were never the outgoing type. Always alone, besides those few friends that had made the first move to talk to you.

Both luckily and unfortunately for you, a group of four boys had somehow made their way into that small section. They called themselves the 'Marauders.'

You were close with all of them, loved all of them equally. It was just what you did when you had a maximum of 8 real genuine friends. And that includes your parents and your sister. So, in reality, it's 5 real friends.

The boys were something you'd call an animagus. You didn't know this. They loved you, truly, but they didn't want you involved in that sort of thing.

In truth, it wasn't all of the boys, in fact Sirius, Peter, and Remus wanted you to know. In Remus' words, if you found out through anyone besides them it was a sort of betrayal to you.

James had other opinions. He thought he'd only be getting you into trouble by informing you on the matter. Remus always got upset when he said this, claiming James thought Remus would try to hurt you if you found out.

James had somehow managed to win the argument every time, though with the new added idea of an upset friend.

Well two actually, if you found out. You did know that these things happened often, and through Remus you found out that James had been the source of his unhappiness.

Today may have just been one of those days. You were seated at the great hall with James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter. The table was unusually quiet and you were even quieter, always being the shy type.

James didn't seem to be paying any attention to Remus or Sirius, and instead took to occasionally mumbling something to Peter or you, if he dared.

You noticed that when he mumbled something to you, he almost immediately received a glare from Sirius or Remus.

"Alright what's going on?" You spoke up. Sirius and James seemed to be in a small shock that you'd spoken up, while Remus and Peter exchanged a quick glance.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about." James replied, though he was quiet and quick with his words.

"I'm pretty sure you do, James. And you too, Remus." The moment you said his name Remus looked up at you confused. "You've been shooting daggers at James since the moment you sat down. And don't deny it. Just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I can't read the signs." You paused for a brief moment, waiting to see if they'd say anything. "So? What is it?"

At the same time, the four boys began rambling on about their own points of view on what was happening.

"Well Moony here-"
"Prongs here thought-"
"I'm not sure really-"
"I think everyone's a bit upset-"

"Shut it! All of you! Can't you see I'm trying to help you? All you do is blame someone else for something that's absolutely stupid in the end! I'm done with it! Figure it out yourself!" The boys sat in shock. They knew you'd always get upset when they were arguing, but this just wasn't like you. You got up, snatched your bag from beside you and stormed out of the great hall.

"You guys heard that too right?" Sirius asked, he'd intended for it to come out normally but instead it came out very quiet and hushed. They'd drawn the attention of half the great hall at that point, he didn't need anyone else staring.