𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘴 - 𝘢𝘯𝘺 (𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦) 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳

notes

not my best work

under 500 words

this story is used for any MALE character you want. please note it's hard to write actual details when you don't have a specific character to go off of.

As the boy who caught your heart would walk through the hallways of the school you loved to call home, you caught some small details about him. How his hair wasn't as perfect, he clearly hadn't spent as much time on it as usual. How his eyes seemed drawn to the floor, watching as his own feet traveled across the floor. How his body seemed light and frail, like he hadn't eaten as much as he could be. How his walk seemed quick and quiet, almost as if he was trying to out-walk someone, or something.

When the boy made his way across the library at approximately 2:42 p.m, you noticed his smile as he set the book on the shelf and out of the corner of his eye, noticed you staring back at him. You made quick work to make it seem as if you were looking behind him and smiled at the air, getting up and hurrying away to make it seem as if a friend had called you.

At approximately 5:26 p.m, you found yourself seated in front of the fire in your common room, studying for the OWLS in two weeks. This time, it wasn't you studying the details of the boy you always found yourself staring at, but him studying you. He was leaning on one of the walls near the entry way to the common room, watching as your hand moved over the parchment paper in front of you. Studying your movement, analyzing which topic you would work most on, and which you would work least on.

At approximately 8:45 p.m, you felt yourself being pulled closer and closer to sleep. Your eyelids would stay closed longer each time you closed them, and you misspelled more things than you had written down in your final draft. Though for the boy, he felt more awake as he studied you. His head titled as he noticed the same things you had just noticed. A small smile crept onto his face and he stepped towards you.

He sat down on the sofa beside you, your head snapping up at the sudden movement you sensed.

"Hi there." You froze at the voice, your vision being blurry from exhaustion and failing to let you know who it was you were looking at. You didn't respond at first and the boy made no move to speak again.

"I'm-" You started, but lost track of your sentence as you barely caught the boys head turn towards you when you spoke. "I'm-"

"About to fall asleep in your quill ink." The boy finished for you. He smiled at his own joke, making you smile too.

The details of this boy you already loved could be seen even through exhaustion.

If that wasn't a sign, you may as well go out to a muggle road to find a sign that'll point you in the right direction.

a/n -

this definitely isn't my best work but i really just wanted to get something published