.:Chapter 7:.

.: Notes At The End:.

Gabriel smiled down at Nathalie's laughing form, Audrey always wanted a fight, or needed her attention, she and her husband never got along, and it always made the wheels in his head turn, wondering why she always crawled back to him.

"And, who was that?" Nathalie calmed down her laughs, quirking a brow up at him, a small grin growing on her face, as Gabriel grew a cheeky grin, bending over her sitting form, typing on the laptop, searching up the name 'Audrey Bourgeois', clicking on the contact, and then clicking on the profile picture. The image was a giant, faded yellow, dumpster bin, overflowing with trash such as metal and plastic, small fly-like-specks floating around it. Nathalie let out a warm chuckle, before she took in a great inhale, and exhaling, moving onto the next call, Gabriel walking back to his stand.

Later that day, Nathalie took her break, roaming through the halls, in search for her miraculous, or simply her kwami, stress slowly eating at her. She knew she wouldn't be here forever, but if she didn't hurry it up, people would get ideas. Wrong ideas, for the wrong types of people.

It didn't take long before she heard crying noises, it came from...behind the painting?..

Nathalie looked up at the painting, a beautiful picture of Emille Agreste in it, her golden locks cascading down her shoulder like water in a waterfall, her lovely, blue eyes glowing, almost looking life-like from the painting, Nathalie ran a finger over it, before running a finger on the marble.

"Hello..?" Nathalie whispered, the crying had stopped, and a small, deep blue peacock emerged from the painting, Nathalie smile brightened.

"Dussu!" She cried, cupping the kwami in her palms.

"Ms. Nathalie! I was so worried! What has he done to yo-!" Dussu squeaked, Nathalie shushing her, putting the small peacock in her breast pocket, walking with a certain pep in her step, back to her room.

Once she got there, she smiled, pulling Dussu out.

"How have you been, Dussu? Is he treating you well?" Nathalie asked, holding the small kwami in her palms, leaning into the comfort of the bed, the warmth wanting to lull her into a calm sleep, but she stayed awake for Dussus sake.

After awhile of catching up, Nathalie had been put to sleep, her body resting in the softness of the room, Dussu had covered her in a thick, Duvet comforter, then rested in the crook of her neck.

The next morning, Gabriel walked to the painting, tapping in a specific set of keys, morphing the picture into a secret safe, Gabriel opened sad safe with a key, he didn't expect much, he was simply going to feed the Peacock thing, he didn't know it's name, or what it ate, or anything, it never tried to talk to him.

When the safe opened, to simply reveal the miraculous, and not the small animal, it threw Gabriel into a panic mode.

What could have happened?

Did it run away?

Did it die?

Did Nathalie fine it?

Gabriel thought, before acting on the last one, he walked along the marble flooring, heels making gentle 'clop. clop. clop. clop.' as he walked. When he reached her room, he knocked on the door, normally, Nathalie was up by now, but when he knocked, he didn't get a response, although, he did hear a slight shifting, as if something was in there.

Gabriel knocked one last time, to no avail, he stepped in, to see a peaceful, almost angelic looking Nathalie, comfortably sleeping in the Duvet queen sized bed. Yet, something drew his eye to the imagery.

It was the small, blue peacock, nuzzled into her loose bun, the bird was curled up in the lose strands, snoozing softly, it's chest heaving up and down.

Gabriel smiled softly at the scene, any anxiety of he situation died down, besides, she didn't have the miraculous, and she was worried over this thing, 'Dussu',was what she was calling it, so, he guessed he should allow her this one thing, as long as Dussu doesn't get in the way of trying to convert Mayura to not killing Paris.

Gabriel gave one last glance before Nathalie started to flinch, a small groan emitting from her nearly limp body. Gabriel walked out of the room, and had the chefs prepare breakfast, then he would bring it up for her and Dussu, because he's not an absolute monster.

When Nathalie woke up, she was hit with the smell of coffee, and fresh fruit and waffles. Nathalie smiled, softly poking Dussu awake, nudging her over to the food basket. Dussus small eyes widened, turning to Nathalie, when Nathalie nodded, Dussu quickly flew over to the plate, scarfing down grapes and strawberries, and a few bites of the waffle, eating to her hearts content. Nathalie, however, picked out an apple, and a waffle, and called it a day, before getting up and getting ready for 'work'.

Dussu hid in Nathalies bun the entire work day, nobody noticed, besides Gabriel, but that was because when Nathalie was in her 'office', Dussu would use her bun as a bean-bag, Nathalie didn't see a problem, so she let Dussu continue. Gabriel eyed the pair, noting how close their bond was, the thought of him in Nathalie sharing a bond that strong hit him hard enough for a blush to creep on his face. Gabriel looked away from the two, going back to work.

After awhile, Dussu had fallen asleep near the keyboard, laying on a small ball of yarn Gabriel left. Nathalie smiled contently, the clicking of her computer echoing the rooms hollow marble walls.

Gabriel walked over to Nathalie, towering over her sitting figure, Natahlie continued to type as Gabriel cleared his throat.

"You and Dussu seem to be close?" He asked, looking at the kwami.

Nathalie nodded, a smile growing on her face as she ran a finger down one of Dussus feathers.

"How long have you known Dussu? Where did you get it? Heck, what even is it?" Gabriel started questioning, looking at the sleeping kwami with wonder, Nathalie let out a small purr of laughter, scritching Dussus head.

"Dussu and I have known eachother about a year or two, where I got her, I can't say, and she's a 'kwami'" Nathalie answered, looking up at her so-called boss, a cheeky grin growing on her face.

Gabriel nodded, absently giving Nathalie a high-half hug, before he spoke up.

"You may leave for bed, Nathalie"

Nathalie nodded, picking Dussu up softly, walking back tot he room for a nights rest.

~~~~~~~~

What do yall think of this so far? Im going to try to pre-write and have a new chapter posted every Saturday-Sunday, at the latest will be a Monday. Love you my trees! Elf, Out!~~