Chapter 4

(The picture is Mabel. But she looks younger than that because shes nine. This was the only pic i could find that had my idea of her hair ( except she has longer soft curls and glasses), eyes and facial looks.)

Mabels POV

I was sitting in the nursery with all the others waiting on Simon to come in. Lately we've been making up ways to scare off the nannies. So far we've scared off 16. I'm usually good but she blamed me for tripping her while she was walking down the hallway and i was walking in the opposite direction. When we past each other, she tripped. I tries to help her up but she started yelling at me. She said I did it on purpose. But really, it was a bump in the rug that did it. But still, she didn't listen and sent me to bed without super. I didn't like it one bit so i've helped a lot on this one. This one will be number 17. "Hurry! She's coming!" Said Simon coming in and hurrying to get into his spot. I grabbed a chicken leg with a pink yarn bootie on it and started eating it. The nanny finally came in. "Children, I can't seem to find the ba-." She started. Suddenly her screams filled the house as she ran out. I looked at Simon and grinned. We all started laughing. I high fived Simon. Im usually not a bad girl but i still can be a little clever and mean. "Number 17 down." I said as i smiled at Simon and high fived him. Suddenly Mr. Brown cane in looking around worriedly. "Children," he said. We all looked at him. "Where's Aggy?" He said a bit scared. We looked at each other and waited for someone to tell him. Then we heard Aggy giggle and ring her little bells from the pot. Mr. Brown went over to the pot and got her out. "Oh look at you, your so cabbagy and gravy." He said kissing her cheeks. He looked at us. "As of your intentions, Ms. Whetsone has resigned from her post. Now i shall go to the agency this afternoon and hire a new nanny and you will not drive her away as you did to the others.!" He said getting a little louder at the end. He gave me Aggy and went out of the room. "Papa" Aggy said cutely. I grinned as i heard him fall down the stair cause of one of Erics traps. Even though i knew it hurt, the sound he made was funny. "3 days, 8 hours, and 47 mins." Simon said "so that got rid of her... 20 hours and 30 mins quicker than the last one!" He moved out of the way so i could pin the doll of her on the chart. I had a little trouble so he helped me. "I think the turning point was definitely eating the baby." I said " well done Eric." Said Simon proudly as Eric fixed his glasses. I went to sit next to the window and looked out it. Simon sat down next to me and hugged me. "You know, when i first met you, i thought you were a goody goody. But you proved me wrong again." He said as he smiled down at me. I smiled back. "Do you think she'll be alright?" I asked him "what do you mean?" He asked "Well, it's not everyday you come into a room and see 7 children eating chicken pretending its there baby sister. She's probably going to to crazy cause she's so traumatized." I said "There you go with those bug words again!" Simon said "but I'm sure she'll be alright. I sighed. "Im going to get a snack." I said. I'm the only child allowed in the kitchen cause i don't harass ms. Blatherwick as much. When i got there i saw her stirring something in a pot. "Hello Ms. Blatherwick!" I said. She looked up and smiled a little. "Hello dear." She said and returned to her stirring. "May i have some bread, butter and jam?" I asked. She looked up. "Sure dear. You know where it is." I got all the stuff and started to leave. "Thank you." I said. "No problem." She said as she worked. I went back into the nursery. I walked in and he looked mad. Chrissie grabbed onto his leg. "WELL! Thats the final straw. There are no more nannies. None! All over. Finished." He said "And I've had to cancel my appointment, which will cause no end of trouble." "I told them not to do it. It wasn't my idea. Even Mabel didn't agree but then the nanny mad her mad!" "I looked down feeling bad now. Simon stood up "don't look at me, its not my fault!" He said "Well you tend on distressing me then-" he told Chrissie something but i didn't hear. "Now im going to distress you!" He finished "you are to.. To go to bed immediately!" He said. "Before suppa?" Sebastian asked innocently. "Without supper." Mr. Brown said and walked out. "Did he say without suppa?" Sebastian asked. I looked at him and nodded. Sad for the little boy. Simon stood up. "Never mind that, there's no more nannies!" He said happily. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. He blushed a deep red when i hugged him a little. 'Why does he blush every time i even bump into him?' I thought. Suddenly the other went into a rampage. "ERIC!!! THATSE MY TEDDY!!!!" Chrissie yelled. I looked to see he chopped its head off. "Eric stop doing this!" Tora yelled. It was a mad house. I just sat in my chair until i got hit in the head by the head of the bear. I looked at it and i remembered something. It was when my parents died, after the police told me, i had a fit. I ripped the head of my teddy bear off. When i looked at the head of the bear, i remembered everything. I was so sad and mad cause id never see them again. I got up and looked around. Feeling my patience wearing thin. I felt sad and mad. All the sound they were making and the memory finally getting to me. I don't what came over me. Just as Evangeline came in, i screamed "SHUT IT!!!!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well as you can tell, she doesn't like a lot of noise or remembering her parents were gone.