Chapter Five: Tears

The next morning Kageyama woke up to the sound of a cheerful voice.

"Good Morning Kageyama! It's time for breakfast, you're going to miss it if you don't hurry up! You know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and my mom would always tell Natsu that she couldn't leave the house until she ate and so I got used....."

Kageyama stared at Hinata groggily, unable to comprehend what was going on so early in the morning. He groaned and pulled the pillow over his head to block out the sound of Hinata's incessant talking. Hinata had single handedly decided that they were close enough for him to bombard Kageyama while he was still half asleep in his pajamas and drooling onto his pillow.

It suddenly occurred to Kageyama that it was probably the events of last night that made Hinata so comfortable. He could feel a light blush making its way to his face as he remembered how small and soft Hinata's hands were.

He furrowed his face deeper into the pillow not willing to risk Hinata seeing his blushing face.

Hinata seemed to have realized that he needed to escalate his tactics to get Kageyama out of bed.

"You promised me that you would go get your arm checked out first thing in the morning! You know, I woke up really worried about it!" He said with a pout crossing his arms in mock indignation.

Kageyama sighed. "Ok..ok.. i am up...I am up. Can't you give a guy some space. I will go right after breakfast." Hinata beamed at him victoriously.

"Ok I guess I should let you change and I can go ahead to the cafeteria." He made his way to move to the door but then hesitated, slowly turning around, the expression on his face unusually cautious.

"Also...I really am sorry about last night... I didn't mean to wake you up, that must have been really annoying and you probably are like ahhhh...why do I have such a crybaby for a roommate and..."

Before Hinata could continue his rambling Kageyama cut him off. "It's ok Dumbass, it is what it is, don't beat yourself up about it, I wasn't getting good sleep before you were my roommate." he grumbled.

This seemed to ease Hinata's guilt, but he still looked like he had something else to say from the way he was anxiously twiddling his fingers. Kageyama gave him another look indicating he should get on with it. He had never been a morning person and he didn't know how much more patience he had in him.

"Ummm about your wrist...if you ever want to talk about it...I am here." Kageyama found himself feeling taken aback and exposed all of a sudden, he hadn't thought Hinata would bring it up.

Sensing his vulnerability, Hinata rushed to assure him. "Don't worry I am not going to tell anyone about it..not that I think they would care but it's your story to tell and well...your not the only one here who has tried." He said cryptically, as he rubbed his neck anxiously.

Kageyama cleared his throat in an attempt to find his voice. He didn't know why but his heart felt like it was in his throat. "Thanks...I appreciate it."

Hinata only nodded and walked out of the room, leaving Kageyama sitting dazed on his bed, willing his heart rate to slow down.

_____________________________________________

Dr. Takeda was very gentle as he placed fresh bandages on his wrist. The new stitches had hurt but he reveled at the pain, it made him feel alive, in a way that should probably be concerning, but he couldn't be bothered.
Before he knew it he was done and being escorted back to his unit by Dr. Sugawara. He found Hinata anxiously waiting for him with wide eyes, as they were buzzed through the door back to the ward.