CH 13

Published 9/19/2021

The three of us raced across the snow-covered stones. Coming to a stop at a broken bridge.

"What's going on? What did you see?" I urged one of them to tell me.

Legolas glanced at me, " there is another army coming from the north"

My eyes widen and my jaw drops in shock. We were going to be overrun.

From where we were, we could see the entire battlefield. Thousands of Bodies littered the ground.

Human, elf, dwarfs and orks alike.

The sound of screeching echoed a-crossed and throughout the valley coming from Ravin hill.

"No" Tauriel whispered in horror staring up at the large bat-like creatures swarming over the hillside and diving straight down to the battlefield below.

A screech from behind us made us turn and I watched as I felt my heart drop as Legolas jumped up and grabbed onto the bat creature's feet.

The bat flying higher and higher before disappearing into the clouds.

I trusted him. He would be fine... But I couldn't help but worry.

Hearing close by the clanging of swords Tauriels and I attention turned back to raven hill.

Soon Spotting a dwarf fighting against multiple orks.

"Kili" Tauriel whispered her eyes widening in worry.

I gently placed my hand on her shoulder gaining her attention.

"Let's go" I nodded my head in the dwarf's direction.

She became serious once more and nodded in return as we raced up the hillside.

We snuck into the destroyed tower and I gripped the sword in my hand tightly as I pressed my back against the wall Tauriel right beside me.

Peaking around the corner I didn't see any orks.

We made our way around the corner and to the bottom of the steps. 

An ork rounded a corner and spotted us charging right for us its sword swinging through the air.

Tauriel dived underneath it gracefully and I raised my sword cutting its head clean off. Some of its disgusting blood splattering onto me.

2 more orks came around the same corner and Tauriel quick with her daggers killed them. We entered through a doorway killing more orks as we headed deeper.

The hall lead us to an upper floor that was outdoors.

Tauriel was constantly looking around in fear. Trying her hardest to find the dwarf know as Kili.

The one who had successfully captured her heart.

"KILI" She screamed out her voice echoing across the snow-covered Mountain.

"KILI" She screamed out once again when he did not answer her the first time.

"TAURIEL" he called out to her his voice echoing.

"TAURIEL" I screamed as I pushed her out of the way just in time for an all too familiar ork kicked me into a large rock making me lose my sword and pinning me to it.

It was the ork that had killed me.

"TAURIEL GO" I screamed at her as I slammed my head back, hitting the ork in the face making to release me.

"GO TO KILI NOW! This one's mine" I growled out turned my head to her giving her a glare that told her to listen to me.

She looked reluctant but hearing Kili cry out in pain finally made her turn and run to him.