Honor Thy Father

September 27, 2007

Lottie focused on the date that was written down on a board in their hideout. It helped her remember the day that a part of her died. It fed her anger, her hunger to finish what Robert told them before he made the ultimate sacrifice.

His family's wealth had been built on the suffering of others. That he failed their city, and that it was up to Oliver and her to right his wrongs. He also mentioned her father as well. It didn't surprise her that her father helped destroy their city. Her homelife wasn't the best. Though her brothers, Oliver and Tommy tried everything in their power to protect her, sometimes it wasn't enough.

The next man on the list was Marcus Redman. His schedule and habits were so predictable, that it only took Lottie a couple of days to memorize it. Since 1997, he and his partner embezzled around thirty million dollars from the Halcyon Pension Plan. Evil would be a compliment for him. He was much worse. How Starling City let Marcus get away with this for so long uneased her. What had their city turned into? Their work was becoming more and more dangerous as the information they found unfold the truths.

Lottie closed her laptop before she grabbed a handful of her knives, placing them securely around her body. She sneaked a look at Oliver who had his bow in hand ready to go. His eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard. In the moment she knew he was already in his zone. It was time, their vigilante duties called.

---

There were times shadows were so welcoming, a chance to dwell in darkness, to rest. In those sweet puddles of calmness, Lottie let her eyes focus on the task at hand. This was where she belonged. Bringing justice back into the city, no matter the cost.

Lottie only realised the rain was cold because her skin carried the heat of her blood, because her inner fires burn strong. The need ignited the flames within. Oliver told her to wait before announcing herself. She rolled her eyes, her fingers inched closer to one of her Sai.

Let's just get it over with.

"Who's that?" Marcus Redman cried out in confusion.

Oliver made his presence known, his hood covering his eyes, only showing a smirk. The rain cascading from the darken skies above, bringing puddles on the ground below. It would be easy to wash away blood spilled.

"Where did he come from?" The first guard made his move, only for Oliver to punch him with the bow.

One by one the guards advanced toward him. Oliver dealt with them quite easily.

Lottie came out of the shadows behind the group. Oliver looked like he had it all under control. Him vs three. Why do all rich criminals have a whole football team as bodyguards?

Because, they know someone will be after them. She answered her own question.

"What's going on here?" One of the guards protecting Marcus Redman asked.

How stupid are they? The two guarding Marcus just watched as their co-workers got their butts kicked by Oliver. Would hate to be the ones fighting Oliver at that moment. Their so-called friends just watch them get injured, too scared to move.

"Go get him." Marcus demanded of his men.

Oliver drew an arrow and targeted a man trying to sneak up on him. His eyes never left Marcus.

"Get the chopper back, now." The man ordered.

"I wouldn't do that." Lottie spoke from behind them. Her kunai knives gleamed in the lights. She knew that only her and Oliver would walk away from this unharmed and possibly Marcus if he did what they wanted.