Autopilot

The zipper of my dress closed slowly, on the way up, Draco's cold hands touched the skin on my back. I stood nervously looking at my reflection in the full-length mirror. Draco closed the metal clasp over the zipper and looked at me in awe. I tugged at the fabric and re-adjusted the seams. Draco held the sides of my upper arms and laid a kiss just where my collarbone and shoulder met. I shivered slightly but smiled and kept my eyes on him in the mirror. He trailed kisses up my shoulder and onto my neck until he reached my ear.

"You look so beautiful," he whispered as he stepped closer. His hands wrapped around my waist and he hugged me tightly. I put my hands over his that rested just over where my bellybutton was and smiled. He nestled his head into the crook of my neck and we watched each other in the mirror, rocking side to side, dancing to nonexistent music. The same red dress I picked out when we went shopping hugged my curves tightly.  My hair fell in bouncy curls with lots of volume. I had on a dark, Scarlett red lipstick and bold, winged eyeliner, a pair of false lashes matched up flawlessly with the roots of my natural ones. My feet were in sparkly silver heels that were surprisingly comfortable. Draco wore a nicely tailored black suit with a white button-down under and a black tie. His pocket square was the same fabric and color as my dress, so we complemented each other perfectly. "You're going to do great tonight, I can feel it," he tried to reassure me with sweet words as I was clearly anxious.

"I hope so," I rubbed his soft cheek with my hand and stepped away. I walked over to my desk and picked up the harness. I reached under the slit of my dress and wrapped the buckle around my right thigh.

"Yeah, well, I know so," Draco teased me in a flirty tone. I locked a small dagger into the holster pocket on the harness and threw my skirt back over it. "Kinky," he laughed, I laughed with him.

"It's just, I just don't know how violent Chad will get with me," I sighed. "I know you have never cared about rules, but don't worry, I'm not breaking any. I have the proper training and Officer Snow cleared me to use a weapon when worst comes to worst," I walked back to Draco.

"I know," he said in a low tone. "Let's just pray it doesn't go there," he kissed my forehead.

"At least I'm prepared," I tried to talk myself down from anxious thoughts.

"You always are," Draco helped. "Now let's get going to that dance," he held out his hand. I took it with mine and held the duffle bag in my other hand.

Draco ran down the stairs, but I followed behind slowly. He went quickly so he could see me one more time before we left. I took careful steps and held my skirt off of the ground. My father stood behind Draco with his hand on his shoulder, they seemed to grow to like each other. My mom squealed and ran over. As my feet finally reached the ground my mother grabbed my hands and took a good look at me.

"You look gorgeous," my mom's mouth hung open.

"Thanks, mom," I smiled at her. My dad walked over and interrupted with a hug.

"Ugh, why did you have to grow up so fast?" he lifted me up and laughed.

"Don't wrinkle the dress!" my mom adjusted my dress when he finally put me down.

"The dress is fine, Charlotte," he laughed. A car horn honked in my driveway.

"Must be Julia," I looked at the door.

"We will arrive with Officer Snow, be careful please, we love you," my dad spoke with purpose.

"I will," I maintained eye contact to reassure him. Without another word Draco and I left the house, we were all so nervous. Julia and her mom were in my driveway in a Mercedes Benz, it was kind of funny that they were sitting on my block in such a nice car. Julia had always been on the "rich" side of town, only one in our friend group.