Chapter 1: The Surprise

The entire eastern side of Alola was drenched with heavy rain late that afternoon. It was no hurricane but the strong winds and booming thunder almost made it seem like both Akala and Ula'Ula island were in such a natural disaster.

Trudging through the thick mud on a beaten route, a man draped a thick silver coat over his head, shielding both himself and a squirming object pressed to his chest. It wailed as the thunder rang in its little ears.

The man carrying the baby grumbled to himself and carried on down the winding path, finally stopping at a massive concrete wall with large metal doors.

The figure let go of the coat and let it rest atop his head, frantically slamming a fist on the doors. It didn't take long for them to slowly open up, allowing the stranger to enter the city in silence.

The mysterious man was intimidated by the abandoned appearance of the town, hesitating to take a step further. Thankfully for him, though, someone was approaching, a woman with long pink hair and yellow highlights.

She crossed her arms and gave him a suspicious glare. "Are ya lost, buddy?" She asked the man, keeping her intimidating stare as she stepped closer.

The woman paused hearing the child in his arms, raising a brow curiously.

"I'm not lost, I'm here to drop this off. Tell your boss or whatever he is now to take it and leave my daughter alone, or I'll deal with him myself!" He shoved the child into the woman's arms, then angrily dropped a letter at her feet before storming off, disappearing into the thick sheets of rain.

The woman blinked in confusion, holding the child in disbelief. She was able to piece two-and-two together, knowing who the man was and scoffed. "Well, good riddance to him. That bastard."

A short man with blue hair ran up, "Big sis! What'cha got there, huh?" He flinched when the object in her arms began to wail, eyes wide in shock; "Yo, is that a BABY?! The heck you doin' with one of those?!"

"Numbskull, did you not just see the man runnin' off?" Plumeria scolded, then pointed to the letter as she began to gently shush the infant. "Could you grab that, Tupper? We're takin' both these to Guzma."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the back of Po Town, the shady house stood battered and broken under the storm, just barely strong enough to hold out the nasty weather to protect its occupants. Some holes in the ceiling dripped water into buckets, not even the wood patching up said holes could protect the floors from the powerful rain.

Plumeria carried the child inside, constantly trying to get it to stop crying to no avail.

Tupper, following close behind, held his hands over his ears and groaned, "Shut that thing up, will ya? It's hurtin' my head!" He immediately cowered when she raised a hand in his direction, threatening to smack him.

"It's just a baby, Tupper. It ain't gonna just do whatever ya want, it's probably hungry." She continued up a broken staircase, following a filthy and torn rug to a pair of double-doors. She used her shoulder to push them open with her hands a little occupied at that moment.

Just to the left of the room was a tall, burly man and a couple of others frantically attempting to board up a hole in the ceiling that let the rain come pouring inside. Two of the three smaller figures held buckets all under the hole, while the third helped to try and nail boards into the ceiling.

"This ain't gonna hold all the rain but it'll do for now. Thanks, guys." The man said to his comrades, giving them a thumbs up.

"Guzma, I need to talk with you." Plumeria approached the group, the cold, blank expression on her face softening. "It's important."