the same exact way

As Josie reads Hope's letter, she is astonished. Her heart races, and her stomach fills with butterflies.

But, instead of denying her feelings for Hope, she decided to admit them to herself. Which is hard for her to do since things went upside down with Penelope.

Josie never liked someone like this before. She feels different.

She starts to write...

Dear Hope,

I'm glad you told me the truth, because I feel the same exact way. Also, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the party tomorrow night at the Old Mill. It'll be fun :)

Sincerely,
Joses

Since it was the middle of the day, Josie decides to give it to Hope so that she has time to decide if she wants to go to the party or not.

-

As Josie gets to Hope's room, she gives herself a pep talk.

"You got this." She whispers. "Don't mess this up. Just slide it under the door."

When Josie goes down to slip the letter under the door, Hope's door opens. The witch gets so scared that she falls onto her back.

Hope's eyes widen, "A- are you okay?"

With the shock of embarrassing herself, Josie's face turned completely red, and couldn't even respond to the tribrid.

"Umm- let me- here." Hope says then offers Josie a hand.

"Thank you." Josie tells Hope while getting up.

"So what are you doing here?" Hope asks.

"I- I-" Josie stutters. "I was going to give this to you." Josie then gives the tribrid the letter.

Hope smiles, "Thank you Jo. I mean Josie." She gets embarrassed.

"It's fine, you can call me whatever you want." Josie winks, Hope blushes.

"Well I should get going, I have a meeting with Dr. Saltzman." Hope tells Josie.

"Yea- yea yea, of course." Josie says nervously.

"Bye Jo, talk to you later." Hope says to her.

-

Hope gets to Alaric's office.

"Hello Hope, please take a seat." He says to her.

"Yes Dr. Saltzman?" Hope asks.

"Thank you for coming here today," He starts to say. "I have heard from some of your teachers that you are smiling in class and looking happy."

Hope gets a confused face.

"I know this may sound weird, but I am honestly proud of you. You have come a long way." He says.

"Thank you, Dr. Saltzman." Hope smiles.

"I didn't bring you here just for that." He starts to say, "I'm just wondering if it's because of my daughter."

Hope's eyes widen. "Umm-"

"I'm sorry, I'm very overprotective of her because she's been through a lot. But, you two will look good together."

Hope smiles and blushes.

"Also, would you like to start training with me? My daughters are always busy and I want to get to know the Tribrid better." Alaric asks Hope.

"Yes of course, I would love that. It could take my mind off of some things." Hope responds to him.

"Well, you may be excused." He tells Hope.

"Thank you so much." Hope says then gets up to leave.

Before she walks out of the door, Alaric tells her, "Go to the party."

Hope gets a confused face, but ignores the statement and leaves his office.

Published on November 1, 2020 at 10:43pm (PST)