Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine| Grant Miller Part 2

"There's something you should know... you need to call everyone.." Taylor breathed. Antonio put a comforting hand on her shoulder.
The team arrived shortly and they all stood around the bullpen. Taylor flipped the board over and took the file Antonio handed her. She sighed before removing the three photos.

She put them up and wrote around them. When she finished everyone stood there in shock. There it was.

Grant E. Miller.
29

Taylor R. Miller.
28

Gwynne D. Miller.
2
Deceased

She walked over to her desk and pulled out a manilla envelope. She dumped the contents on Jay's desk. Inside was her wedding bands and two photos.

"You don't have to.." Antonio interjected. Taylor shook her head.
" Grant Miller. 29 year old male. Two counts of aggravated assault. Another count of involuntary manslaughter.
Dishonorably discharged from the Marine Corps after being arrested for battery and intent of bodily harm involving his wife. Taylor Miller. A restraining order was put in place three years ago... Five years ago their two year daughter had been in the car with Mr.Miller who was drunk at the time. Their car went over a bridge into the river. Miller sustained minimal injuries. Their daughter didn't survive." She said choking on her words looking at the picture of the blonde little girl. They all pulled her into a hug. Hank being the first. His mind was realing and he was filled with rage. But anyone could see that what Taylor needed right now was the embrace of her dad not her Sergeant.
------------
Taylor and Antonio were now alone in Voight office discussing why this was urgent.

"I went to the store tonight and he was there. Dad he threatened me. I've tried divorcing him but he won't sign the papers." Taylor explained.

"Okay. Jay's going home with you tonight. Don't so anything different. Antonio and I will be outside. If he tried it tonight I don't think he'll try again. Just as a precaution." Voight ordered.

They walked out in the bullpen to tell everyone the plan.

"Jay your staying with Taylor. Adam and Kevin I want everything you can find on this guy. Everything! Erin and Al you too post outside 51. We don't know how long this guy's been in Chicago. We can't tip him off as to anything. He wants Taylor and thinks no one can stop him. He's wrong." Voight said aggressively making Taylor jump a bit.
-----------------
The plan was in full swing. They'd leave here as normal and go about the rest of the night as if nothing had happened.

Taylor and Jay walked out of the district hand and hand. Smiling at each other, they reached the car and he opened the door for her. He eyed the back of the car, glancing in the windows.

"Thank you Mr.Halstead." she said giving him a kiss before getting in the car. He got in the driver's seat and peeled out of the lot. She looked at him as they drove. He looked at her, he could see the fear in her eyes. The fearless was fearful.  He gripped her hand reassuring her.
----------------
They made it home safely, carrying the groceries inside. They made conversation about dinner. They talked loudly incase he got in the house. Jay went and cleared every room, nook and cranny in the house while Taylor started dinner.  Lemon pepper chicken and rice.
Jay reappeared in the kitchen.
He nodded signalling the house was clear. She smiled at him. He wrapped his arms around her waist. She leaned into him and closed her eyes for a minute. Being in his arms made her feel safe. So safe that she wanted to stay there. Her whispered in her ear. "Ya know it's really too bad your dad's outside." He joked. She turned to him ans pulled him in for a kiss. She grinned. "So unfortunate." Shr said before turning back to dinner. He groaned. Taylor finished cooking and Jay rinsed the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. She set the food on the table and grabbed a bottle of wine. Jay got the glasses.  He pulled out her chair for her and pushed it in when she sat down. She poured them some wine while he sat down.

"This looks amazing." He said with a smile.

"Its nothing really." She blushed. 

They enjoyed their dinner and turned into bed. Jay had gotten up after Taylor fell asleep. He called Severide and Matt to explain why Alvin and Erin were camped outside the firehouse. They both agreed to take shifts hanging out with Taylor till they catch Grant. Herman, Gabby and Shay volunteered too. 
----------------
Grant didn't try anything for another two week. Things started to go back to normal. Well except for Taylor. She went to work and the firehouse and her house. Her mind was hyper aware that Grant was out there and they didn't know when or where he'd try to contact her again.
------------
Taylor was chasing a suspect when two arms wrapped around her. A needle punctured her neck and her world went black. The mysterious person dragged her limp body to a car before placing her in the trunk. They drove a ways and stopped. The trunk was opened and she was put in a van.  The person was revealed to be a man. That man met up with another. Grant came out of the shadows.

Grant opened the doors to look at his wife. "You didn't tie her up?" He quizzed angrily.
"No I figured it wasn't needed." The stranger said.
"Are you stupid? She's a fucking cop! And before that she was a soldier." He said grabbing the duck tape and rope from the front of the van. He taped her mouth shut, wrapping around her head so she couldn't get it off. He duck taped her hands and feet tying them with rope too. He tied her hands to the bar that he had installed to the roof of the van.

"Did anyone see you?" He asked the stranger as he slammed the back doors to the van. He turned his attention to the other man. " No she was chasing someone. I don't think they'll be stopping to tell anyone." He replied.

"Good." He said shooting the man in the head. He jumped into the driver side and sped off.