• Chapter One •

Present.

Two years later, the Fantastic Five found themelves at an airport, waiting to board their flight back to New York from the current state that they were in.

Not much had happened over the two years since Victor Von Doom's defeat, apart from Kayla slowly allowing Johnny back into her heart, and, Reed and Susans's attempts of getting married.

The couple had attempted three times to have their wedding but all three attempts had failed as they've had to postpone it to save the world.

The five heroes sat amongst the other passengers waiting to board their delayed flight, each of them passing the time by interacting with the kids or signing autographs for fans.

Johnny lounged in one of the seats in the area with Kayla on his lap, quietly reading a book.

The blonde kept his hand on her waist as she leaned against his chest, her eyes scanning through the printed words on the pages while a group of fan girls surrounded them, trying to get the Human Torch's attention.

Ben was up and about playing with the kids, telling them jokes, taking pictures and giving them a little orange dust as a souvenir from rubbing his rocky finger tips together.

Reed and Susan stood together to the side, the blonde woman's gaze focused on the TV screen broadcasting a news report while the scientist read through a newspaper.

"Last night, the FAA was forced to ground all aircrafts leaving thousands stranded when electronic failures and mysterious power outages crippled the western United States." The reporter displayed on the screen, announced which made Kayla turn away from her book towards the TV with an arched eyebrow.

All of a sudden, the pictures of grounded aircrafts shifted into a picture of her brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law with the title displaying 'Mr Fantastic & Invisible Woman'.

"But the big story today, the much anticipated wedding of fantastic couple Reed Richards and Susan Storm will take place this Saturday."

The brunette rolled her eyes with a scoff and tuned the reporter out after her new announcement.

"Can't these reporters shut their traps and mind their own business before I do it for them?" She asked and closed her book, marking the page she had left off on.

She honestly felt so bad for the couple and she knew it was stressful for Susan even though she wouldn't show it.

"Unbelievable." Reed spoke out, scoffing much like his younger sister had, also beginning to feel fed up that he couldn't even marry the love of his life without a huge fuss being made about it. "Bizarre anomalies are occurring all over the world, defying every law of physics and all the media cares about is what china pattern Sue and I have picked out!"

Ben perked up at this, putting a pause to giving the kids some orange dust. "So, which one did you pick?" He asked with an excited gleam in his blue eyes. "The blue ones with the little flowers? I like them."

Kayla smiled in amusement at the rocky man's excitement of the wedding plans, that she could only imagine his excitement for his and Alicia's wedding day.

She knew he'd be over the moon when that day came.

"Well, I vote on the blue." Johnny piped up, making all eyes turn to him in question for him to continue.

"It's my favourite colour." He added before sending a wink in Kayla's direction with a flirtateous grin. "But you already knew that."

Susan looked away, glancing down at the floor sadly. Were they always going to be in the spotlight with everything that happened in their lives?