• Chapter Eleven •

Not wasting any more time, the Fantastic Five and the General were on a helicopter heading towards the London Eye.

As they approached, Reed looked down at the attraction, glancing towards his team every so often. "When he surfaces, you've got to move the fight away from the crowd." He instructed.

"No, he's too fast to be contained." Johnny argued, glancing over his shoulder towards the rest of the team from his position up front with the pilot. The remaining four were seated in the back, opposite General Hagar. "When I see silver, I'm hitting him."

"Johnny, you can't!" Kayla exclaimed, narrowing her eyes at him dangerously for his reckless behaviour, worry evident in her tone of voice.

Johnny twisted in his seat to look at her. He was a bit surprised that she was speaking to him again and was about to reassure her that he'd be fine until Reed stepped in.

"You can't do that." The scientist said seriously. "We've got to stick to the plan and work as a team."

"Oh, so we're a team now?" The blonde male said with a loud scoff. "That's news to me."

Reed frowned as did Kayla and Susan.

"What are you talking about?" The oldest Richards sibling questioned, not understanding what Johnny had meant by his comment.

"You know what I'm talking about." The younger male backfired and that's when it clicked, both Reed and Susan realising what had happened.

Johnny must have overheard their discussion back in the living room, about them wanting to have normal lives once this crisis with the Silver Surfer had been averted.

Kayla looked between the four with confusion written all over her face. They all seemed to know what was happening, even Ben. "Okay, what the hell is going on?" She demanded, noticing Johnny and Ben's peeved expressions along with Reed and Susan's hesistant ones.

Ben turned to the brunette. "Your brother and Susie are leaving the team once this mess is over." He explained and looked towards Johnny whose eyes were focused on the 5'2" woman. "You didn't tell her?"

Johnny went to open his mouth to respond when Kayla beat him to it.

"Wait, what?" She questioned in shock and looked at her brother. "Reed?"

Reed sighed heavily. "Look, we were going to tell you guys." He said apollogetically.

"When were you going to tell us?" Johnny retorted, the emotions of hurt and anger that he had felt earlier, quickly coming back to him. "When you move all our stuff out of the Baxter Building?"

Susan decided to step in to try and diffuse the situation. "Johnny, this really isn't a good time." She said, almost as if she was scolding him.

Kayla shook her head in disbelief as she turned her head to look out of the window of the aircraft.

"The kid's got a point, Reed." Ben said as he looked at his best friend with hurt in his blue eyes. "You should've told us."

"Alright, alright! That's enough!" The scientist exclaimed, beginning to get fed up with the back and forth arguing. It really wasn't the time or the place to start fighting one another. They had to work as a team right now. "We'll talk about this later."

General Hagar's head had been bouncing back and forth between the five heroes as they argued. He was beginning to get a little pissed off that they didn't seem to be taking this mission seriously and instead were fighting amongst themselves.

This was a catastrophe waiting to happen.

"What the hell is wrong with you people?!" He exclaimed, looking between them with a heated glare.