Chapter 2 - New Life

°Adrien's P.O.V°

Marinette and I sleep, cherishing the only moments of rest we get. It was interupted by our crying baby, Louis. I sit up and lean over the crib, which rests next to our bed.

Louis cries while holding his stuffed cat. "Quiet your baby." Shouts Plagg. I give Plagg a glare and pick up the 2 week old baby. He opens his eyes and makes noises. I laugh and he giggles. He's so cute. Marinette still sleeps. Today, we meet with Queen Chloe and King Nathaniel of the Bourgeois Kingdom. We will be flying by helicopter to the kingdom later today.

Louis quiets down and falls back asleep. Marinette and I walk into our large closet and pick out our clothes. Tikki and Plagg help us. We hear Louis crying. Marinette walks out to get him.

"ADRIEN!" She shouts. I ran in and the baby was gone. The window is open and a guitar pick lays on the ground. Tears flood out of Marinette's eyes. I've learned that when she's upset to not cry, it gets her more upset.

"Luka!" We look at each other and say it in synch. She starts to cry more and we transform. We jump out of the window and start the search. We searched his house, but he wasn't there. Marinette started to panic more.

"Mari...sit-down. You have to breathe." She sits down. "B-But w-what if we d-d-don't find him!"

"We will, we just have to keep trying." We start looking again. We searched all of the kingdom. Or so we thought...

We find an open hole in the street which lead to the sewers. We opened it, climbed the rest of the way down and closed it as we climbed down. We heard Louis. He was crying. We snuck around and we found him. Luka had kidnapped him.

"Be quiet! They're gonna hear you! I can't go back to prison!" Louis continued to cry. Luka starts to give him a bottle, which didn't look like it had milk in it. Marinette used her yo-yo and grabbed the bottle out of Luka's hand.

"Get your hands off the baby!" She shouts as we jump over to them. "No!" Luka slaps Marinette hard. That was it. I kick him to the ground and dial 9-1-1.

"Hello. I found Luka Couffaine. He's in the sewers and kidnapped the Royal Baby." The police were on their way. I grab the baby and carry it. Marinette stood up and slapped Luka harder than he slapped her.

The police show up and tried to arrest him. Before he was handcuffed, he knocked Marinette down and her head banged off the cement ground. Louis started to cry once Marinette didn't get up. "Can you send an ambulance please?" I ask almost in tears. The police nod and got Luka up out of the sewers. I kneel down to her. She's breathing, but isn't moving.

Before I know it, the ambulance is here. They carry her up and onto the ambulance. We had detransformed, so they didn't know we were heroes. I get into the ambulance with her, with Louis in my arms. He is asleep.

I sit back and wonder, Why did Luka do this? Was he just trying to make my life miserable? Because if he is, he did right now. My wife is laying here unconious, my son got kidnapped. What else could he do?

When we arrived at the hospital, Marinette got rushed back into the room. I sit in the waiting room with Louis. I call my father and Marinette's parents to alert them of her current condition. After I've done that, My father instantly arrives.

"Is she alright?" I shrug. "They haven't told me anything...can you hold Louis?" My father nods and I hand him to my father. I walk back to her room, her nurse walks up to me. "King Adrien?"

"Yes?" The woman pulls out her clip board. "She still is unconious. She hit her head pretty hard. We have her hooked up to her some wires and machines that will help her wake up quicker. Would you like to see her?"

I nod. I am guided to her room. I see her laying there, not awake. Her skin was pale and her hair laying flat. They had removed the necklace I had given her, and placed it on the table next to us. Her rings were still on. So were her earrings. I take her hand and hold it close to me. Please wake up. Please.

"Please wake up..." I mumble. My voice cracking. Tears stream down my tired face. It was only 9:00 A.M. Our plans to visit the Bourgeois Kingdom were canceled. I just wanted to sit with her, until she woke up.

I sat in the hospital for a total of 14 days. I hadn't slept much, and I hadn't seen Louis. I wanted to be alone with her. I watch as doctors come in and out of the room.

Here I am, still sitting here. I place my hand in hers. I don't expect anything back, but I feel her hand move. "Mari..." She squeezed my hand. I jump up, and I run outside to alert the doctors. They come running in. "She's awakening."

Marinette's eyes flutter open. Her eyes just as beautiful as when I saw her for the first time. "What happened?" She starts to cry. "Shhh...it's okay. You got hurt."

"Is Louis okay?" She asks. "Yes. Now, just relax." I kiss her head and sit back. "Your highness, you have visitors." The nurse informs her. Her parents, my father, and Louis come in. Marinette smiles and reaches her arms out. Her mother places Louis in her arms. He smiles. "Hello my little kitten." Our baby makes noises that we can't understand. We all laugh.

"How are you feeling?" Asks her mother. "Better." The doctor looks at us. "You should be clear to be discharged in a week or so."

"Thank you so much." I say.

"Your welcome your Highnesses." Replies the nurse.

How do you like this story so far? I hope you like it! I'm not sure if I'll make a part 3 of this book. Maybe I will or Maybe I won't. But, I will be doing a Christmas Special for Miraculous that will be published on Christmas Eve. If you guys have any ideas for it, I would love to hear them!

Stay Miraculous! 🐞🐾