Family Fights

Felicity woke up the next morning feeling better than she had in weeks, maybe it was her magic unlock or the sedatives that knocked her cleanout for the entire night, she wasn't sure or maybe it was just the sleep she'd needed for how long that she'd finally gotten.

She sat up in bed to see she was in the tower's hospital wing a vitamin drip connected to her arm and an EKG standing beside her bed. She didn't even think as she ripped them off and swung her legs over the small steel railing of the bed.

"Miss Felicity, would you like me to notify Tony that you have awoken?" JARVIS asked catching Felicity off guard and making her jump slightly before quickly shaking her head.

"No, that's okay, buddy."

"I must insist, your father has been extremely worried about your wellbeing," JARVIS pressed and Felicity bit her bottom lip trying to think of what her next step this morning was going to be.

"Actually..." she muttered, "where are Nat and Clint?" she asked.

"I'm afraid Clint has fallen asleep on the couch outside your door and Natasha is with Pepper in the kitchen. Would you like me to call one of them?"

"No," Felicity shook her head again. "Uh..." she probably should have thought of that first, "JARVIS, where is Loki?"

Maybe it was just Felicity or maybe the Stark AI had actually hesitated she wasn't sure but more than a minute or two later it finally spoke up again.

"Unfortunately, Miss, your father has banned Mr. Loki from ever entering the tower again. He is to never return-"

"What?" Felicity almost shrieked cutting JARVIS off, "Why? JARVIS, why was Loki banned?" she asked again when the AI said nothing.

"Your father believes he is the cause for your current state."

And that was all the Stark-Potts heir needed to hear before she was unsteadily getting to her feet and grabbing the fresh set of clothes off the nearest chair.

She got dressed before slipping out of the door and past Clint, who was indeed asleep on the couch. Felicity managed to maneuver herself around and away from Steve, Bucky, and Bruce, who were all seated in the living room, but when she reached the kitchen she was instantly caught.

"Felicity," Pepper's voice sounded. "Oh, baby, are you okay? Why are you up?"

"Felicity?" Natasha walked up to her goddaughter.

Felicity stopped and looked at them.

"I'm okay," she reassured. "I feel better now."

Pepper recognized the hidden rage in her daughter's eyes, as well as Natasha, who recognized the subtle clench of the blonde's fist.

"Are you sure, sweetheart?" Pepper gently asked. "What happened to you? Loki brought you back, I didn't think you were even breathing."

Felicity saw the tears threatening her mother's green eyes and her anger immediately dampened, at least, for the moment.

"Really, Mom, I'm fine," she reassured again as Pepper finally enveloped her in a hug.

"Really?"

"Really," Felicity softly nodded against Pepper's neck.

She locked gazes with Natasha and without words the Russian assassin knew more or less what had happened.

"Fel?" Natasha asked as she gently pulled Pepper and Felicity apart. "It was him, wasn't it? It was Ward."

Felicity's gaze dropped and when she looked back up again she nodded once.

"Okay, we need to come up with a plan to-"