024. LATE GRADUATION GIFT

✰✰

WHEN KAIA AND RORA returned to the stream, there were more people in the voice call than expected. Alby was there, of course, but rather than being accompanied by only Fundy, Tubbo, and Tommy, Sean, Angie, and Quig were all there as well. When Kaia and Rora joined, the onslaught of voices that greeted them was borderline scary. "Uh... hi?" Rora sputtered, causing Kaia to chuckle. She heard Rora bang her fist against the wall to shut the girl up.

"Kaia!" Quig cheered excitedly. "We made it!"

"Quiggy! We did!" the older girl called back, a happy chuckle leaving the back of her throat as she did so. There was a brief pause, before she added, "Hi everyone else."

While most of the call returned her greeting, both Fundy and Tommy scoffed. "I expect a more proper greeting, woman," Tommy grunted in annoyance. Kaia just rolled her eyes, choosing not to give him a respectful answer.

Meanwhile, Fundy's response was far more butthurt. "Can't believe you grouped me with everyone else like that," he pouted.

Kaia sighed endearingly, "Hello, Fundy. How are you, sunshine?"

His mood immediately brightened, and his usual excited voice returned as the group chattered. After a few minutes of aimless conversation, Rora asked what Alby had planned for them, to which he promptly responded that they were waiting for just one more person to join, and then they'd play Among Us.

When Kaia glanced at her phone to pass the time, she noticed that she had an unread message from Sean. "Sean, why are you texting me?" Kaia asked into her mic, earning chuckles from Tommy and Tubbo, and an uninterested grunt from Rora.

"Open it," Sean urged.

Angie was quick to back up her fiancé. "Open it Kaia! Pretty please! It's important."

A little suspicious and entirely cautious, Kaia tapped on the notification and unlocked her phone. Her eyes widened a bit at the length of the text, as Sean wasn't exactly known for his well-articulated messages. Usually it was Angie that Kaia got paragraphs from. Sean was the king of the letter "K."

But this was different.

𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐒

Big Brother #2

Hey brat,
Since you can't make decisions for yourself, Angie and I made a decision for you. We all know that a New Orleans trip wouldn't be the same without ur annoying ass. Besides, Klaus might not say it, but I know for a fact that he would be bummed all week if you weren't there. And Angie is disgruntled at the idea of being the only girl there for a week.

You don't have to stay the entire week since you're so stressed about school, but you ARE going. Consider it the graduation gift I never got you.

[ attachment : Kaia A. Holmes :: Boarding Pass ]

Kaia had to take her headphones off to properly read the message -- and then she had to read it three times over to make sure she understood it. For a period of time, she kind of just open-mouth gaped at her phone, entirely caught off guard by the gesture.

"Sean, are you serious?" she was finally able to muster. She could feel the onslaught of tears building in the bridge of her nose.

Sean kind of just hummed in confirmation, and Kaia nearly lost her mind. Muting and deafening herself on discord, she selected Sean's contact and facetimed him. He picked up almost immediately, a shit-eating grin on his face. "Hi Kaia."