Chapter 1

3rd Person POV

Lucy was distraught over the disbanding of the Fairy Tail guild, somewhere where she had a family, a place where she called home. But that wasn't the worst thing yet. She thought that she'd at least have Natsu, but, no he was leaving for a journey to get stronger (says the note he left). And Lucy was going to be left all alone. A crash came from her bedroom, from someone sneaking in through her bedroom window. Immediately, she ran in there, hoping it was Natsu. Wrong, it was Gray who was also looking for the pink teenager that she wished was there.

"Yo, Lucy, where's Natsu at?" The dark blue-haired teen questioned the blonde. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes again. Quickly, she handed Gray the note so he could read it himself.

Lucy

I've decided that I am too weak. I couldn't save my own dad is dead now. I won't let that happen again, ever to anyone I care for. So I am going on a journey, I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I will be back so don't you worry about me. Happy is also coming along, so don't worry about him either. Tell Gramps and the rest of the guild that they were the closes thing I had to family, that includes the little shit know as Gray. I'd give him a letter myself, but I am already crying writing this one. Just let him know what said earlier wasn't a lie.

Natsu

"Damn it..." Gray muttered as he handed the letter back to the crying Lucy. His thoughts went back to earlier that day. The dark blue-haired teen had just returned from paying his respect to his parents when the pyro confronted him. He had said somethings that made the ice-maker heartbeat so much... just in little five words... I have always loved you. That's why Gray was here to tell Natsu that felt the same way. Pissed off, he jumped back out the window and ran in the direction that was easiest to leave the city by. He was unaware of how much he had run to catch up to the pink teen and his blue flying cat. "Shit! Natsu!" Gray shouted at him.

The pink-haired teen turned around to see the dark blue-haired teen running towards him. "Gray, what are... you saw the letter I left for Lucy?" Natsu guessed. The ice-maker stop in his tracks in front of the other, completely out of breath.

The dark blue-haired was completely out of breath as he tried to talk to the other teen. "Please... huff... don't go... huff," he begged.

"Is... is it about my confession?" The pyro questioned.

A hint of blush appeared on Gray's face. "Y-Yeah... I wanted to tell you that I feel the same." He smirked in a taunting way, "make sure it doesn't go to your head, you pyro."

Natsu scoffed at the other teen. "Yeah whatever you, can't even confess to me with being an ass."

"Wow stop flirting you two," Natsu's flying cat - Happy - teased.

"Can it, you damn cat," the dark blue-eyed teen. As Natsu was about to open his mouth to defend Happy, a big black portal opened up underneath the three. "Shi-" was the only thing Gray could try to say as they tumbled into the said portal.

 "Shi-" was the only thing Gray could try to say as they tumbled into the said portal