Prologue

Y/N (your name)
L/N (last name)
E/C (eye color)
H/C (hair color)
F/C (favorite color)

Y/N POV

"Y/N," I hear from outside of my door. "It's time to get up for school."

"Alright Jake I'm up." I put on my Kuoh Academy outfit and grab my headphones. I definitely don't want to forget those, last time I did was awful. As I make my way downstairs I see chocolate chip pancakes at the table, and Jake's girlfriend Sarah here as well.

"Good morning Y/N," she says. "I made those for you." Sarah doesn't officially live here, but she might as well. The two of them are really close and have been dating for a long time. She's a really nice person and I can only hope I find a girl like her someday. Jake is twelve years older than me but sometimes it seems like he is my dad. I don't think about any of that and scarf down the food Sarah made for me.

"Thank you," I tell her. She smiles and Jake comes downstairs.

"Ready for school Y/N?"

"Am I ever?" The two of them laugh and Jake and I get into his car. It's an older car but he takes really good care of it, and he's proud of the work he's had done to it. I put my headphones on and look out of the window as we drive to Kuoh Academy.

I drum my fingers to the song. Music had always been an outlet for me, a way to escape the hardships life brings. If I had the chance I wouldn't mind being a musician, though I don't have any actual music talent. We arrive at the school and I hesitate before I exit the car.

"Thanks for the ride," I say as I get out. Jake leaves and I make my way through the front gates, not looking at anyone or anything, just the ground. I quickly make my way to class and put my headphones away, preparing for class. As I look at everyone walk in a specific person catches my eye, a short white haired girl named Koneko Toujou.

Everybody likes her but she seems really quiet

Everybody likes her but she seems really quiet. I know she's a part of the Occult Research Club, but other than that she's a mystery. I've never talked to her because I'm too nervous. Before anyone notices I look back to the front, not wanting anyone to make fun of me for it.

Lunchtime

I go to my normal spot for lunch, the roof of the school. People don't pay any mind to someone up here so it's a perfect place to stay away from everyone. As I look around I see the normal things I do, like the perverted trio peeking in on the girls. It isn't right what they do but there are three of them, and I don't like fighting.

Koneko POV

"That boy on the roof, do you know anything about him?" Rias asks Akeno.

"Not a whole lot," Akeno replies. "His name is Y/N L/N and he is in Koneko's class. From all I know he doesn't like opening up to people or even talking to them. I've seen a lot of people pick on him and it doesn't make sense." The two of them turn to me.

"I don't know anything you don't," I say before eating my chocolate.

"Why do you even ask Rias?" The two of us look at her. "Do you think he has something?"

"Yes indeed," she responds. "Something that I'm sure he isn't even aware of. I have something to ask the two of you. If I brought him in we would have to be very patient with him. From what it appears he doesn't seem the type to trust people easily. Would you two be nice to him?"

"If that's what you want I'll make it my goal President," Akeno says. "Besides, he is kind of cute."

"Don't even think about it Akeno," Rias scolds. "Koneko, what about you?"

"Sure, whatever."

After School

Y/N POV

Sorry, I'm going to be a little late. That's not the text you want when you're trying to get home. I could always walk, but it's a long trip from the school. I see something on the ground in front of me, a piece of paper with an occult symbol on it. Something about a wish is on there, yeah right. I put it in my pocket and wait for Jake. It isn't my business but it doesn't make sense to leave trash on the ground.

"Excuse me," someone says. I turn around to see a man with long hair and a black coat. "Are you Y/N L/N?" I've always been told not to tell people things like that, but he already knows.

"Yes," I say. He grins at me.

"Perfect, I've found my target." Two wings pop out of his back, and they look like those of a crow.

"Target? Why would I be your target?"

"Because," he answers. "You're dangerous."

Me, dangerous? There's nothing dangerous about me. I just go to school and go home. Nothing about me screams unique or special. The man summons what appears to be a spear made of light and throws it at me, piercing my chest.

"Mission accomplished." He flies away and I put my hand over the hole in my chest. That's definitely blood coming from it. Am I dreaming or is this real? He just killed me, for no reason whatsoever. What did I do to him, or anybody else for that matter? All I did was try to be a good student and stay out of people's business, but I guess it didn't matter. If only somebody could save me.

The paper from a minute ago comes out of my pocket. Wait, how did it do that? My vision is fading but before it goes I see someone coming through a portal of some kind. Who is that, and are they wearing the school uniform? Before I can process anymore I fall unconscious.

3rd Person POV

"Not this time sweet boy." From the flier Y/N picked up comes Rias Gremory. She looks down at the boy, who seems like he is just about to die. "It's time for you to have a second chance, this time surrounded by people who want the best for you." The two of them teleport back to the Occult Research Club, into a bedroom that is in the building. Rias lays Y/N down and joins him in the bed to heal him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short and sweet, just how I like my prologues. Next time will be the actual story, but this was a way to set the stage a little bit. If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know, and until next time, have a good one.

-Coop