Prologue

Every kid has dreams of magic, the ability to fly, breathe fire, and even create snow out of thin air, yet that dream almost never becomes a reality. For kids born into the knowledge of magic, it would be no surprise. For kids with no knowledge that magic truly exists, however, its existence would fly past them, being viewed as simply strange coincidences.

      In a small town just outside of London, a moving truck pulled into the driveway of an average-size brick house, though one slightly larger than the surrounding houses. A car followed behind and parked on the street. The driver promptly got out of the truck and pulled the "For Sale" sign out of the damp grass, the morning dew coating its green surface.
A young girl, with long curlyish hair, and a copper skin tone, slowly opened her eyes, the dim sound of a motor waking her from her slumber. She made her way to the window and peered out from behind the curtain. Two young girls around her age, one with short brown hair and the other with short blond hair, running over to a woman, most likely their mother. The girl smiled and ran down the stairs.
"Mum!" she shouted as soon as her mother came into her line of sight, and the woman turned her way.
"Yes dear?!"
"Who's that?" her small hand pointed to the window facing the street. Her mother walked towards the window.
"I think they are our new neighbors," she said and her gaze locked on the two young girls. She turned to her daughter, catching a glimpse of her excitement.
"Eat your breakfast and get changed, then we can go say hi!" The young girl bounced up and down in joy, before scrambling to the kitchen. After snarfing down her cereal and quickly running upstairs to get changed, she burst back downstairs and out the door, her mother at her heel. She slowed down her pace as soon as she was across the street. The man and woman across the street turned around, the morning sun shining off the blackish-brown buzzed and short hair.
The two women's gazes met and they froze, recognizing the familiar glimmer in each other's eyes, one they saw every time they looked in the mirror. Unconsciously, both of their lips curled into a smile. The blacked haired man looked between them in confusion. His wife gave him a look, and it dawned on him.
The little girl ran past her mother to the twin girls, who were hiding behind their parents' legs. She waved at the two, a big smile plastered on her face. "Hi! My name Joselyn Krimblood!"
The girl with blond hair emerged from behind her parents. With a thick Midwestern American accent, she said, "I'm Lauren Zelosken. This is my twin Anna!"
The brunette waved to say hello. Joselyn looked at Lauren with a questioning look and asked, "Why does your voice sound so funny?"
"Why does your's sound so funny?" Lauren retorted. They all looked at one another like they were crazy. "Mom! Why's her voice so weird?"
Mrs. Zeloskson looked at the three young girls. "We're in a different country. Their voices sound different here. They have different accents."
"That's weird," Anna said nonchalantly.
"You're weird!" Joselyn said with aggression.
"Everyone's weird!" Lauren shouted, and the two shouted in agreement, before running off.
"Well, they aren't going to be best friends at all,"  Mrs. Krimblood said sarcastically.