Chapter 1

There is a knock at the door. A raven haired 11-year-old girl rushes to open a large hickory door, revealing two girls, one with short brown hair and a stick-like physique, and the other looking similar, with shoulder-length blond hair, bangs long since grown out. "Hey Lauren! Anna!" Joselyn waved. "Come in!"
They traveled through the house, eventually reaching a bedroom. Lauren collapsed on the bed and screamed into the blankets as Joselyn closed the door to her room. "Wph hphaph miph swphores!"
"What was that?" Joselyn asked, approaching the bed. Lauren lifted her head.
"I hate Mrs. Stwores!"
"Why?"
"She marked me off on my exam for accidentally getting the date wrong, IN THE HEADING!"
"How did you get the date wrong?" Anna questioned. Lauren shot a glare in her direction.
"Sounds fun!" Joselyn said sarcastically. "What else is there about her? I'm sure there is more!"
"I don't want to talk about it." Lauren buried her face into the blankets once again.
"Awwww! Come on! Please!"
"Phno!"
"Please!?"
"She's just a sucky teacher!"
"Great explanation!" Joselyn said sarcastically, and Anna rolled her eyes.
"Mrs. Stwores yelled at her in front of the whole class for picking up her pencil, which she dropped during the middle of the test," Anna crossed the room and leaned against the edge of the end bedpost.
I swear, she just hates me, Lauren thought to herself, burying her face further into Joselyn's pillow.
"Lauren, stop thinking negatively of yourself. She doesn't hate you, She probably is like that with every one of her students," Joselyn tried to reassure. Lauren gave her a look.

Ever since Joselyn was little, Joselyn seemed to have the ability to "hear" the thoughts of others. She didn't mean to, it just sort of happened. Those at school thought she was weird, crazy even. She even heard a few adults say she might be schizophrenic. As time went on, she learned to differentiate thoughts from actual voices, and knew when to respond or not. Anna and Lauren didn't seem to care.

Anna chuckled at her twin's reaction, and Joselyn shrugged, saying, "Your minds are not that hard to hear... at the moment." She stopped talking as her hand grasped her necks, before frantically looking around her room.

"Hey guys? Have you seen my necklace? I could have sworn I was just wearing it."

"Under the bed," Lauren pointed, and Joselyn bent down.

"Where?" Lauren groaned and got up, crouching by her friend and reaching into the dark abyss, pulling out a gold necklace. "Oh, thanks."

Joselyn wasn't the only one with a strange ability. Lauren had the uncanny ability to find any lost items. She would always know where to look, and it came to the point where people thought that she was hiding them herself. Her ability went hand in hand with knowing things just based on a feeling, the feeling going along with finding the right answer. It does not work academically though. She tried. On the bright side, Lauren would win practically every bet she made.
Anna's strange ability was not as direct. In simpler terms, her ability does not happen when she is conscious. Her dreams always seemed to predict the future, though not in a direct way, rather through interpretations and riddles. She often had bouts of strange deja vu.

"Girls! Dinner!" Mrs. Krimblood called. The three looked up from their books and put them down, racing down the stairs.

After dinner, the Zeloskson twins said their goodbyes and headed home for the night. Once they were safely across the street, Joselyn couldn't help but stifle a yawn. She dragged her feet up the stairs, sleep threatening to take hold. Once getting ready for bed, her face hit the pillow, and she was out.

Loud bangs rang out through Joselyn's door, promptly waking her. She grudgingly got out of bed, mumbling, "I'll get the door." She picked up her glasses and made her way down the stairs, before opening the door. Two men stood in front of her.