Apologies

Will trudges to his porch, shivering from the cold rain. "What are you doing here?" He ducks past Mike and Lucas, opens the front door, and lets his friends inside. "I said I didn't feel like talking to you guys right now."

"Hey, I completely get it. We're really sorry, man," Lucas says as Will leads them to the couch. They all sit down awkwardly. "For real. We were being stupid and-"

"We were assholes," Mike adds.

"Yeah, you were." Will crosses his arms. "What do you want?"

"To apologize."

Will watches them intently.

Lucas glances at Mike, who has a pained look on his face, and forges on. "Will, I'm really sorry for everything that happened yesterday, and a lot of the summer really. We were being total assholes. We should have listened to what you wanted to say. I guess we were just too preoccupied with the girls that we weren't thinking about anyone else. I'm really, really sorry." He puts out his hand for Will to shake. "So... are we okay?"

Smiling, Will shakes his hand then pulls him into a hug. "It's fine, Lucas."

Will catches Mike's eye when he pulls away from Lucas. He can't decipher the expression on Mike's face, but he looks like he wants to run out of the room. Lucas nudges Mike, motioning to Will.

Mike swallows. "I'm sorry, too, Will. Even more sorry, actually. I've been a total asshole to you all summer, all of you guys. But yesterday, I was just... I was completely out of line, and I'm so sorry about what I said to you. I really didn't mean it, and I... we should have done what you wanted to do instead of always doing what I want. I totally get it if you never want to speak to me again. I was selfish and a total dick, and I'm sorry, Will."

"Yeah, you were a total dick," Will says. A look of fear falls over Mike's face, but then Will cracks a smile and starts laughing. Lucas joins in, and after blinking tears from his eyes, Mike does, too. Reaching over, Will hugs Mike tightly. "It's okay, Mike."

"I really am sorry," Mike murmurs into Will's ear.

"I know, Mike. I know."