How They Met

You sat chit chatting with your best friend Lois Lane, as you awaited your arrival to the gala. Lois was covering the Wayne's charity event, and asked you to be her plus one. She would've invited Clark, but he had "other" plans... y'know, saving the world and all.

"(Y/n), haven't you ever been to one of these before?" Lois' face completely changed, as she awaited your answer. 

"Not that I know of. First time for everything I guess!" you replied with a wink.

The Daily Planet's rental car pulled to the front entrance, where you and Lois kindly thanked the chauffeur. You stepped out, almost blinded by the camera's flashing lights. Once you'd blinked yourself back into place, you and your best friend climbed the grand staircase, your dresses dragging behind you. 

~~~Time Skip!!~~~

You sat there, bored, sipping a drink you'd never tried before. Lois was off doing work, and so that left you with nothing. As a lawyer, your job at this event was - well, nothing. You searched the room out of disinterest, when something caught your eye. No, somebody. And he was walking your way-

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Bruce Wayne gave a coy smirk. He wasn't fooling anybody. You had to restrain yourself from rolling your eyes.

"No, I don't believe so." You kept eye contact, asserting dominance.

"Strange.." he paused. "I could've sworn I'd remember someone so beautiful." Bruce noticed how unindulged you were with him, and took your hand. "Bruce Wayne, and you are?" He leaned down to kiss your knuckles, but before he could do so, you gripped his hand and shook it firmly.

"(Y/n) (L/n), Gotham Law." you gave a petty smile. He was obviously a bit taken a back by your forwardness. Nonetheless, he didn't let you halt his pursuit.

"Gotham Law.. (L/n)... well that sounds oddly familiar. And I'm not lying this time." He winks. "What position do you hold there?"

"I've been their top lawyer since 2002." you said calmly.

"Ah, I see." he stopped to think about what he should say next as the song changed. Something a little more classical and slow started to play. You tried your best to leave, but he placed his hand on your elbow before you could. 

"Care to dance?"

"Sure."

You where whisked away in the scent of cologne and shoe polish, as you twirled around the ballroom. You didn't think much of it at first - Bruce had already danced with at least 3 women tonight. But as the song went on -for Lord knows how long- you felt yourself slip into his arms, letting his warmth consume you. You listened to him hum gently. And when the song was over, the dancing went on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You made sure to tell Lois everything, the address, time of your arrival, when you got home, check-ins, code words, you name it.  Bruce had invited you for drinks at his place, and you sure as hell weren't about to be kidnapped and enslaved by a multi-billionaire. No, no, you watched too much Unsolved Mysteries. You were smart.

Once you'd shared about everything except a DNA sample (which Lois refused to take), you got into a long, shiny limousine with Bruce. The chauffeur had the window up, so it was just you an Bruce getting to know each other in the back seat. 

Upon your arrival at the manor, you had to clench your jaw shut. It would've hit the driveway if you didn't! You entered the grand house, in awe at the sight.

"What a lovely home.." you managed to breathe. 

"Thank you. My family and I quite like it, but I feel it needs a woman's influence. Don't you?"

You avoided the remark, and snapped back to reality. "That's right, don't you have children?"

"Well yes, I do. But they're always in and out of the place. Currently they've all gone out with their friends." (A/N - they're on patrol but we don't know that!!)

Bruce offered to take your coat, which you kindly hung yourself. You made sure to quickly text Lois to let her know you were alright. "At the zoo" the text said. It was bestie code.

You sat down by the fireplace, opposite from each other. It had only been a few minutes when Alfred Pennyworth stepped out, a charming fellow. "Thank you Mr. Pennyworth." you said before sipping the wine he'd poured.

"My pleasure Miss (L/n). And please, do call me Alfred."

"Sure, Mr. Pennyworth." 

Alfred gave a knowing look to Bruce. "She's a keeper." he teased.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By this time it was 1 in the morning, and you'd barely finished your first glass. Granted, you'd only been there an hour, but you weren't about to get trashed. You kept in mind to pace yourself - no kidnapping would be going down tonight. 

Your phone buzzed, and you excused yourself to check it. "He's on his way." the text read. You and Lois had arranged that Clark would pick you up, just in case anything... happened. 

A few minutes later your phone buzzed again, it was Clark. He'd arrived and was parked at the top of the driveway. 

As you were saying your goodbyes, Bruce got oddly close to you, slinking his hand around your waist. "I'm sure your ride wouldn't mind if you stayed a little longer, would they?" he said devilishly. He began to lean in -

-you pressed your hand against his lips. 

"Goodnight, Bruce."

You gently pushed his chest away and slipped your coat on, exiting the manor without a trace. And there you left him, in a daze.

This was the first time a woman had ever told him "no". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey my lovelies!!! I hope you enjoyed this story, I sure know I did! Even writing it was really fun! I've actually had this one in mind for a while, and I plan to follow up on more BatFam. Oh, how I adore them. <3

Thank you so so much for reading, and please leave comments/suggestions on things I couldd write for you! Have a magical rest of your day. :)

~Aurora