Seeing Him Again

**This chapter will be how (Y/n) and Bruce reconnect after their wine night (the last chapter). The next part will be their first date!**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat in your office, sorting through multiple files at once. Although there weren't many cases recently, there was always work to do at Gotham Law! You tucked your hair behind your ear when you heard a knock at the door --- polite, but not gentle.

"Come in, it's open." you said, distracted by the swarm of papers that surrounded you.

"Your own office? Impressive."

There stood Bruce Wayne, with a single red rose. You forced yourself to put on your poker face --- you weren't one for clichés. 

"Bruce!.." you shoved your files away, stood up and accepted the rose. "Thank you.."

"I know you're probably confused--"

"I don't get confused." you interrupted him.

He gave a smirk, but it was clear he wasn't annoyed. "Regardless, you may be.. curious as to why I'm here. Especially since we haven't spoken since last Wednesday."

You hummed in response. 

"Well, the truth is (Y/n) you've truly captivated me. There's so much to admire about you. It'd be my honour to take you out sometime."

"On a date?" you bit your tongue, knowing to never end a statement with a question. You also held back the temptation to ask whether his other whores were busy this weekend.

"Yes, on a date. I'd love to take you around Gotham City, to have a lovely dinner and whatever else your heart desires." he took your hand, rubbing his thumb over it gently.

You looked him straight in the eyes, trying to read his thoughts. His eyes were honest --- he wasn't blinking excessively, nor was he looking away. He seemed to be telling the truth.

"Sounds intriguing. You can pick me up Saturday at 8:00, I'll write down my address for you."   You wrote down (Insert address here) on a yellow sticky-note, folded it, and gave it to him. "Thank you for stopping by Bruce."

He had a satisfied look on his face. "Anything to see you (Y/n). I'll be there Saturday, 8 o'clock on the dot." He smiled, and paused in the doorway for a moment.

The two of you just looked at each other --- it wasn't awkward or anything, you just sort of... admired each other. Then Bruce snapped out of it, and gave a little nod. He stepped out of your office and closed the door.

You plopped back into your chair, and gave a big sigh. But you immediately went back to work, brushing off what'd just happened. As if you'd let that playboy get to you!