Act 04.

"Pick up the pace, [l/n]." Coach sneered.

"R-right." You muster out making your way to the front once again.

You trailed behind Nakamura closely desperate to take the lead.

First place fell further from your grasp by the second.

Nakamura remained hyper focused on the track.

Although she seemed neither determined or unmotivated she just seemed to effortlessly hold first place.

This pissed you off more than anything.

It wasn't fair.

It's not like she wanted to be on the team anyway. If she could, she'd leave.

She said so herself.

"My parents want me to try out for one sport every year. I was a little late but this was the only option available. To be quite honest this has to be one of the most tedious sports I had to join." You could hear Nakamura complaining to a nearby classmate.

While you were here working your ass off there she was- maintaining the lead without any actual interest of winning.

And coach had the audacity to criticize you for slacking off.

I guess in the end- it's the results that count.

You squeezed your eyes shut as you dashed the remaining distance only to barely tie with Nakamura.

You dropped to your knees instantly.

You were weak.

It took almost everything just to tie with her and here she was running back to the lockers so easily after that painful run.

You needed to puke or just cry.

"Slacking off?" Coach narrowed his eyes.

Shut the fuck up.

"S-sorry coach." You grumble struggling to maintain consciousness.

"Youll stay back, clean up the pylons, and lock up." He instructed.

You only nodded.

Allowing you to clean up first, you were headed to the lockers.

"Wow! Nakamura you're so talented." A classmate gushed.

"Thank you. You are quite gifted as well." Nakamura nodded.

"Gah- so sweet."

You grimaced to yourself.

Making your way to the change rooms, you made eye contact with Nakamura who seemed to stare directly at you.

"You did well." She stared blankly.

Well?

Don't you dare pity me.

"Yeah. You too." You mumbled breaking eye contact with the short raven haired girl.

You took a short rinse before changing into a cropped tank top, pair of jogger shorts, and a seijoh zip up. Slicking though your [h/l] [h/c] hair, you tied it into a low ponytail allowing a few wisps of hair to cover your eyes.

You were to quick to get out of there since you were in a rush to clean up. After all, when girls track ended, boys volleyball started.

And this was a huge problem for obvious reasons.

You swung your bag over your shoulder as you wandered onto the track once again.

One by one, you collected the pylons that had been scattered on the nearby field and made your way into the direction of the gym.