-Chapter 12- Sick Days

Neji had knocked on the door outside.

"Tenny! Are you home? I came by to visit." Neji said. He then heard a loud thud. Neji quickly kicked the door open and ran inside. He used his Byakugan and had spot Tenten laying on the ground between the doorway.

"TENTEN!" Neji yelled as he ran to her body. He held her and shook her gently.

"Hey. Tenny. What's wrong? Wake up please. What happened?" Neji said. He noticed Tenten's face was pale. Her breathing was loud. She felt really cold except her head was hot. Neji puts his hand on her forehead and cheeks. It was warm. Too warm.

"Kami... you have a fever..." Neji sighed. He carried Tenten to her bed. Neji quickly ran to get a wet cloth. He then layed it on her forehead. He was deeply worried about Tenten. He have never seen Tenten in this case. He grabbed a thermometer and put in her mouth and waited for numbers to show up. It had beeped and Neji took a look at it.

"105?!" Neji yelled. Then he noticed Tenten slowly waking up. Her eyes were barely open. She kept panting. Her face was red and she was still pale. She looked around all confused.

"N-neji..?" Tenten's voice cracked. She had a dry sore throat. She moved her hands around trying to find Neji, which he quickly grabbed her hands.

"I'm right here. You have a high fever. I'll be right here, but I need to find Sakura. I'll have someone come here watch you for now. You will be okay.." Neji them let go of her hands and quickly ran outside. He then accidentally ran into Temari and Shikamaru. They looked concerned after seeing his worried face.

"Thank god your here. Can you please watch Tenten? She has a really bad fever. I'm going to find Sakura." Neji asked. Temari nodded. Shikamaru was told to go home. He sighed and left. Temari ran inside and sat by Tenten, caressing her cheeks.

Meanwhile Neji ran to Sakura's home and banged on the door. Which she opened immediately.

"Is something wrong?" Sakura asked.

"It's Tenten. She has a fever. Its 105 degree. Isn't that at that point where its dangerous?" Neji asked. Sakura quickly ran back to Tenten home with Neji.

Tenten coughed multiple times. She had looked horrible. Often time she cried. Eventually Sakura and Neji arrived.

"Oh good your here. She just threw up like 5 minutes ago..." Temari had moved the garbage can out of Sakura's way.

"God she looks horrible... Tenten are you able to talk?" Sakura got on her knees and had her hands on Tenten's arm.

"Mm.. uh... huh..? Why... is there 5 of you?... clone jutsu..." Tenten mumbled as she looked at Sakura. She felt Tenten's forehead. She then checked her mouth.

"Definitely a bad fever. I'll prescribe medicine for her. You have to keep an eye on her." Sakura said as she finished her check up with Tenten. Tenten then moved her arm like she was reaching for something. Sakura gave her the garbage and and Tenten immediately threw up in it.

"The hell did she get herself into?" Sakura asked.

"I don't know. I did notice she barely ate anything. She didn't eat dinner, lunch, or breakfast. She also slept more then usual. She still gets dizzy at times." Neji said.

"Kami... Well make sure you replace her wet cloth. Feed her soup. I doubt she can eat by herself. Check her temperature everyday 3 hours. Warm bath should help. When you get the medication. Give it to her every morning and every night." Sakura said. Neji had wrote it down on a piece of paper since it was a lot of information.

"Hai. Will do." Neji said. Tenten coughed. She groaned a bit.

"Do you think you can handle it? I can always stay-"

"I'll be okay. Thank you." Neji said. Sakura smiled. She then left.

"I'm staying." Temari said. She wasn't going to leave her poor friend alone with Tenten's love. She wanted to help.

"Kay." Neji said. Tenten closed her eyes. She fell asleep. Neji watched her sleep.

"She will be okay. Relax lover boy." Temari smirked.

"I'm sorry? Lover boy?" Neji raised an eyebrow. Temari shrugged. Tenten couldn't sleep. She woke up and began sobbing because everything in her head hurted. She weakly held her forehead as she sobbed.

"Hey hey... don't cry..." Neji rubbed Tenten's cheeks.

"It hurts... everything..." Tenten mumbled.

"I know... I know. Don't worry..." Neji said. Tenten coughed alot. She then felt really dizzy. Her eyes kept going circles trying to focus. Her hand shook.

"Tenten?" Neji said. Tenten was unable to focus. She was hallucinating and her world spun.

"Hey... can you hear me?" Neji asked. Tenten stared at the ceiling. Neji sighed. He at least held her hands. She then fainted.

"Tenten... I don't care what anyone says about you... You are so beautiful, sweet hearted, and... I love that..."

"Sigh... I know you hate me. I was a shitty person back then. But I've changed. I want you to know that, I actually... liked you since we met. I didn't want to show it though..."

"...I love you..."

Tenten woke up. It was dark in her room. She felt someone holding her hand. She turned her head to see that it was Neji. He fell asleep on her bed. She smiled softly. She then groaned in pain. Her headache was killing her at the moment.

"I love you too.... Neji Sama."