10: Hot chocolate

Sugar's POV

I woke up feeling dizzy and when I turned my head towards the mirror that was hung on a wall in my room, I realised that I was looking like a zombie. If dad saw me like this, he would lose his calm and carry out a whole day of investigation. So I got up with a heavy head and went to the bathroom. I turned on the shower and set it to warm temperature. The hot water drops felt like pricks on my skin but it felt like it was taking away my pain. The mental pain. The scar.

After finishing my chores, I got ready for school and packed my bag. I applied some makeup so as to hide my dark circles that formed due to crying insanely and not sleeping properly. Though Kai messaged me yesterday and I told him that I went to sleep but actually, I didn't sleep. My eyes wouldn't close. They were hurting but they refused to shut down. I guess I barely slept for an hour and then my alarm woke me up.

I went down and saw that dad had kept my tiffin box on the table and left a note on it:

Hey goodmorning Sugar,
Take your lunch with you. I have some work so I'm leaving early. Will meet you at dinner.
Have a good day.

~Dad.

Thank God. I was worried that dad would suspect something seeing me like this. I guess the path is clear. Though he was never really busy but since he was the head of the I.T. department in his office, he had to leave early to prepare for the meetings.

I wore my slides, too tired to wear sneakers or tie the laces and left the house, closing the door. The bus ride seemed longer this time. I reached school and then walked my way towards my class. I met Brax again today. "Sugar, you look different again, but not in a good way. Are you sick? Did you catch a cold? Let me take you to the nurse."

"Wait wait Brax. No I'm totally okay. It's just that we had a lot of fun yesterday at the park so I'm just a little tired, that's all."

"I know you are lying straight to me but I will let it pass otherwise you might take out your pen and start hitting me."

"Brax what-?" He left laughing at his own joke like a dork.

As usual, I was early and took my seat. I started scribbling something in my notebook. I was looking down but my mind was elsewhere, probably taking a world tour on it's own.

I felt a hand on my shoulders and I turned, "Hey Sugar are you okay? I brought you your favorite, hot chocolate!!" Ash exclaimed trying to make me smile. She is so precious.
"Hey Sugar, here is your favorite caramel candy. I bought ten of them for you" said Kai and he put all the candies on my table. Why are they so nice to me? I am not used to this. I might run and cry my heart out. But I chose to control. If I cry, their heart will break and they will think that their efforts were a waste.

I faked a huge grin and took all the candies that were on the table along with the hot chocolate. "Guys, though I am not that sad but since you brought me all this, I am not going to say no...." I said sipping the hot chocolate. The hot drink really warmed my throat and I felt every drop going down my food passage. I could feel it all. I needed this.

"Thanks Ash, this is delicious!"

"And what about me Sugar? Only thanks to Ash?" pouted Kai.

"Yeah yeah of course, thank you so much Mr. Kai for your service" I hugged him and he laughed it off.

"Guys, the class is going to start so let's take our seats" I ordered them. The class started after few minutes.

As the class was proceeding, something hit my head and I looked down to see what it was. I saw a paper ball. I picked it up and opened it. It had a message.

Meet me in front of the grocery store after school.
~Luca

Why is he obsessed with me? Didn't I make it clear yesterday that I don't want to see him at all after what he did to me. This boy is such a jerk. I had almost forgotten yesterday's event but he did this and now I'm back again overthinking and cursing myself. Wow what a day. Thank God Ash did not notice this otherwise she would turn on her FBI mode and beat the hell out of Luca.

The classes ended and the three of us bid goodbye to each other. Ash and Kai seemed so much in love. They held hands and went home. So cute. I turned and started walking towards my home. I remembered that Luca told me to meet in front of the grocery store. But why should I meet him? He would do nothing but disturb my mental peace. So I just moved ahead without stopping anywhere on the route.

Someone yanked me holding my left hand and I almost lost my balance but then slowly, I gained back my poise. "Who the hell are y-"
"Luca, didn't I tell you I don't want to see you ever again? Which word of mine wasn't clear to you?"

"Listen to me Sugar!" He shouted at me. I got scared and my eyes flickered.

"Hey I am sorry I didn't mean to yell, I just got annoyed at myself. I am so sorry for yesterday. I am really sorry. I didn't mean to do that but I was so drunk that I lost my control. I'm so sorry please forgive me. Please I beg you Sugar."

I said nothing but just looked into his eyes. He thinks he will say a sorry and everything will be alright. Very brave of him to think this but little does he know what I went through. He must have slept like a baby yesterday whereas I didn't even blink my eyes.

"Okay no problem. Can I go or do you have something else to say to me?"

"No I don't. I just wanted to apologise. But do you really have nothing to say to me? You are not going to shout? Why?"

"I don't care anymore. Since you are done, I'll leave. Have a good day." I turned back and started walking. A bike was passing ahead of me. I saw in it's mirror, he was looking at me with confused eyes and he stood still in his spot as if he had so much to say but didn't let it out.

The Sun had already set by now. The color of the sky blended really well with my emotions. Dark.

A/N

Thanks to my lovely readers for reading this chapter. Please shower your Love towards this book. I'll be so thankful to you all. Stay tuned for updates.

<3