Chapter 2: Cold, ice cream and Boys?

TAYE POV

The grounds were still drenched from the rain three hours ago and so was my sweater, hair, backpack and favourite pair of shoes, the jet black chuck taylor. As if today can't get any worse, I'm stuck with Debby and her annoying friends. And no, I don't hate her, I just don't like her. The fact that she knows more about people than those who are close to them think they know, she could blackmail anyone she wanted well not me. I was never really a social media person to begin with. I deleted my facebook account when I started getting X rated pictures from random Indian dudes and so goes for the rest.
Rosa, my older sister thinks it's a temporary thing for me since I'm a teen it's all going to wear off. I hope it doesn't.

Synoptic climatology has been my least favourite course since this semester started, the numerous assignments, random quizzes and last but not the least group work. Which is going to be the death of me(literally) if it happens. Staring at the notes in front of me was being to make me dizzy, I was still shaking from the cold and the ac In the ice cream store was adding to my numerous problems. Maybe meeting in an ice cream shop at 11 in the morning when it's raining was such a bad idea. It is! But the wifi and sweet sweet icecream with oreo toppings is worth it, besides nobody comes here that early. I look around the shop to see if anyone is in yet, just two weirdos seating, one's over excited about something from the way his talking with the glint in his eye. I can totally relate, I talk like that when it comes to anime and Japan(I've only been there in my sleep).
The other guy though doesnt look as excited though,  he looks like he just wants to sink inside the chair, trying to hold up a small smile that makes he look....alive?

"Hey, taye. It has stopped drizzling, we are leaving, you coming?" Zainab, one of debby's friend asked. They all stood by the door way laughing at something on debbys tablet.

"Nah I'm good."

She shrugged before tugging a skinny looking girl to her side whispering something in her ear. The door closing behind them seemed to be like they where closing all the sound out of the shop. Everything was quiet and then watching their figures go through the large glass windows, I felt someone watching me.

My head turned towards where the vibes were coming from, our eyes met in on glance. His eyes were....beautiful. The sun was coming out now and somehow it reflected through the  glass windows, some of it pouring in his right eye. They were extraordinarily light brown. I was scared that it was just an imaginary character but he was real.

He kept staring at me...oh my God! Was there something on my face? I unconsciously reached out to check if I was drooling.
He looked like he wanted to smile at me, his lips were almost tugging up in a small smile.

I didn't know when I waved at him, nana had told me a couple of times that I was low key crazy and this was a proof. For Christ sake, i don't even know the guy.
I was scared he was going to act like he didn't know me but he smile widen showing of a beautiful set of white teeth.

His friend seemed to notice that his attention was else where and so he turned to look at whatever was grabbing his attention. And then. I think I yelped a little when the boy faced me. He was beautiful. What's more graceful than seeing two beautiful boys after a rain, cold and nearly dried.

MANNYS POV

She looked oddly familiar, I'm sure I haven't seen her before but I feel like I've known her before. Yea, right.
She was still wearing the wet sweater, it was probably wet from the rain, and it was kinda freezing in here but she refused to take off the damn sweater.  Weirdo.
As if she felt me staring at her she turned and caught me, for some reason I didn't look away but i stared.
She was brown, the colour, the emotion. Her face was oval, a few dark acne on her right cheek and forehead, her eyes were small, but her brows complemented them perfectly it almost looked like she carved them. Her nose was not in any way small or slim, they were not large either. Her lips the one thing that made me stare. They were plumpy, the upper part were dark but the lower part was a deep shade of pink. It seemed she was nervous or aggravated because she kept biting on her lower lip. The note book out in front of her was neat though, a pen inbetween the pages and her left hand resting lazily to hold the book open.
I looked back up at her face, still staring. I felt my lips tug up in an unnoticeable smile but she must've noticed as she raised her hands a bit above the table to wave at me. Wow, I thought it was only guys who were the bold ones. I couldn't help but smile. A smile that caused Raymond to stop talking, he raised a brow at me before following my eyes to the girl. Classic Raymond smiled at her causing her to blush, I couldn't see the red tint on her cheeks but I knew it was there. 
"You should go talk to her you know,  smiling at her like that isn't going to introduce you guys together."
Raymond was now looking at me, giving up on the previous gist he was giving.
As if she read my mind, she stood up, she was tall and slim too,  like thin. But she just sat down at the seat opposite her backing us.
Raymond snorted when he saw.
"You scared her, stop looking too much guy, its creepy."

AN: And that's a wrap good job guys, thank you for staying till the end.

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, reasonssss, well for one I had a motorcycle accident(yes, I got thrown off a bike and hit my chest on the ground, painful but epic. This happened a  day before christmas). And the second reason is that a day to the new year I had an ulcer attack......I think they call it that, but I ended up in the hospital and then was told not to eat spicy food for a week... A whole fricking week!
But yea, that's why. So.....

Happy new year
FSB💙