Eye Doctor

Kimberly's POV

"Hey, I've got my little sister, Kim, here today, because her eyesight is kinda getting worse," Karlie explains.

"Oh okay, bring her back here," the girl says. Karlie motions for me to come over and we walk back to the room behind the backdoor. We walk into a smaller office room with a tall brown-haired girl sitting at her desk before coming over to us and she kneels down in front of me.

"So sweetie, you must be Kimberly, right," the girl asks. I nervously nod my head.

"I'm Maria," the girl says.

"Hi," I say nervously.

"So you wanna check if you need glasses," Maria asks softly.

"I guess so," I say nervously.

"Okay then, I'll do a couple of tests first," Maria says softly.

"So can you cover one, then read the letters out loud," Maria explains. I do that one time for each eye. We do a few more tests before we stop.

"Okay so your eyesight is good, but you do have to wear glasses, but not all the time," Maria explains. 

"But I would say for now, wear glasses for the first 3 months then wear them conditionally," Maria says softly. 

"Okay," I say nervously.

"So just wait here and I'm just going to get you a pair of glasses," Maria says softly. Maria goes behind her desk and finds a pair of glasses with a black frame and hands them to me.

"How do those feel," Maria asks softly.

"They feel good," I say. Soon, we leave Maria's office and start walking home, but we turn direction to somewhere else.