𝐓𝐖𝐎

0 2 ; CLAIRVOYANT GIRL

━━━━━ HE HUFFED AND PUFFED HIS CHEEKS, TURNING AWAY FROM HER. "Geez, Yashiro," he says, his voice dripping with disappointment and a bit of honest annoyance. "Weren't you the one who told me yesterday that you're going to tell me your secret?"

The young girl in question did a sideways glance and awkwardly laughed as she fumbled a bit with her fingers, "W-Well, I guess you could say I was a bit carried away. Now, I'm really nervous to say it to you."

The both of them were at the park right now. Much children aren't around and just a few of them are playing anywhere not near them (since Yashiro said that it was the best thing, they moved a bit away).

Amane was currently grilling her about the secret thing from yesterday where she had given him high hopes, only to ruin it with her little cliffhanger.

He pouted at her, "Ugh, that's so unfair. I told you my secret."

"Amane-kun, you said you had no secrets."

"Well, the donut thing and mama's boy fact is the secret!" Amane countered, bursting a bit. To be honest, the young boy wasn't good with pushing people that much; right now, he felt like crying because he couldn't get to push her to do it although just yesterday, he was even being patient and all. "Ugh, I feel cheated."

Nene gasped at that and said, "It's because I thought about it all night and figured out that you might never believe me!"

"Yashiro, I'll never know if you won't tell me!" Amane ran a hand across his face, sighing hopelessly as she continued to fidget around. "Look, we're friends, okay? I'm sure your secret isn't that. . . complicated, as you're implying it to be."

"But it is!" Nene argued strongly, heaving a sigh. "Amane-kun, it is. And I just know you'll never believe me."

"Well, as I have been saying since earlier," Amane paused to gather some air, inhaling and exhaling before resuming, as if it was used for calming himself. He then placed his hands on her shoulders and flashed her a desperate look and smile, "I will never know how to react if you never tell me."

Nene grimaced and turned away, stressing with her knitted eyebrows. Incredible amount of what ifs flooded her mind as she paced back and forth. Oh, well, 9-year-old Nene Yashiro looked like she was more troubled than a scolded office worker right there and then.

"Yashiro," Amane calls her name out with a sigh. He sounded like he was about to give up — well, he is. There's no point in any of these if the girl didn't want to say it anyway. He'd seem pushy. "Uh, I guess it's okay. You don't have to—"

"Will you. . ." She suddenly spun around with her eyes shut closed as if she was anticipating to be hit by something or anything. Their faces were only inches closer by then as a result so he took steps backward and waited for her next words. ". . . believe me if I tell you that I can see the future?"

Amane gaped at her for a whole minute like a fish as she finally opened first her right eye, peeking over at his reaction. Her lips turned upside down immediately, feeling utterly disappointed, "See, I knew it."

"No, well, I just didn't expect that coming but," he narrowed her eyes at her. "Prove it."

"Okay, I have no idea why you believed me almost so easily but I'm gonna prove to you that I am definitely not just playing with you right now," Nene said as she glanced at Amane who stood right beside her. They were standing in front of a large tree by then, to which Amane didn't really have no idea what or why is it even relevant to the secret that she's talking about — the ability to see the future. "Any minute now, a frisbee's gonna hit your head."

"Huh?!" Amane's eyes went large that they nearly looked like they're gonna pop out of their sockets. He grumbled, "Hey, that's mean! But besides that, I don't think someone nearby is even playing with a fris—"

With that, the boy was interrupted as an orange frisbee really hit him hard at the back of his head, sending him down at the ground after losing his balance.

"I'm terribly sorry!" A younger child soon came towards them to retrieve the lost frisbee, apologizing to Amane a lot as he went away.

"S-So," Nene began as she crouched down next to him and helped him up awkwardly. "Is that enough as a proof?"

"It hit me like a bullet so I guess it is," he smiled at her through gritted teeth. "Yashiro, did you purposely lead me here at this exact place and time to just be hit by a frisbee." Yeah, it didn't sound like a question anymore.

"Maybe, maybe not."

Amane massaged the part where it hurt as he kept his eyebrows knitted still together, "Okay, I believe your secret, then. But not too much. Maybe just 65% yet. Who else knows about this?"

". . . No one." Nene looked away momentatily. "I'm too scared, Amane-kun. I gathered all of my courage to tell you this, so I'm hoping that you won't turn your back on me. To fill up your 65% to a hundred, I can predict more things. But. . ."

". . . But?"

"The time we have is only limited," she faced him with some kind of intense feelings stored in her eyes. It was something, Amane knew that. But he couldn't tell what it was, no matter how hard he tried to find the right words. "So I'm really trusting in you to believe in what I'm going to say. It's the main point why I'm even telling you this. I chickened out yesterday, but I guess time really is ticking."

"Okay, okay, I'm all ears." Amane nodded eagerly. "Your secret might be too, I don't know, unusual, but I'm going to trust you. You won't lie."

"Alright," Nene placed her hands on her chest and breathed in and then out. "Amane-kun, the thing is. . ."

He waited patiently for her as he held his breath, clutching at the hem of his shirt. It was indeed, a lot to take in, but Yashiro didn't seem like the person who'll lie over something as this.

"The world is going to end in a week."