𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

0 7 ; MISS PAINTER

━━━━━ "WHEN YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO HAVE SOMEONE PAINT YOU, WHY ARE WE AT THE SEASIDE?" Amane asked, clutching onto their paper of lists before he promptly puts it in his pocket. He turns to the girl and raises his eyebrows. "Do you have anyone you know who's good in doing that so?"

They were indeed at the seaside, at the pavements before the shore. Just a few people were out and about the sea, occasionally swimming and doing sandcastles. It was 8 AM and the mighty sun was out, being bright and shiny on a good day. She turns to him, "I don't personally know her, but yeah. I've seen an artist around here before and I was flabbergasted from the moment I first saw her works."

"What's her name?" Amane grinned as he tilted his head at her, watching Nene put a hand over her eyes to protect them from sunlight as she looks around. He decided to give his straw hat to her. "Seems like she's a promising one."

"I don't know, but indeed she is," Nene beams at him after thanking him for the hat, although she was kind of worried about his part; as much as he would've loved to watch the sun the same way he does to the moon, he can't do that. "We should go more around the shore. I bet she's down again, drawing something majestic."

And so, the children jumped off the pavements and sank their sandals on the sand. Since there were only just a few people around, it was easier to spot anyone who's doing something other than playing around and doing any water activity.

"Hello, excuse me!" Nene made a beeline towards a certain girl from nearby; she sits on a small wooden chair under a shade, focusing on something far beyond the sea, occasionally looking down to sketch and continue her artwork. She wore pretty little bobby pins at the side as her messy brown locks flow till they reach her mid-back. "I-I'm Yashiro!"

The older girl acknowledges her presence as she puts down her pencil, eventually looking up to meet her magenta eyes. She flashes them both a smile, till she looks down at Nene's feet ( that was supposed to be only momentarily ) — and it took the young girl a few minutes that her eyes only focused on her ankles. "Those are pretty healthy ankles."

Amane snorted and looked away.

"M-My face is up here!" She cried, stomping a bit.

"Sorry, sorry," the brunette laughed heartily as she settled her art materials aside, setting a towel for them to sit on as she pats on it. "I'm Mei Shijima. Do you guys have anything to ask of me?"

"Oh! It's nice to meet you, Ms. Shijima!" Nene bowed and beamed at her. "I'm Nene Yashiro, while this is my friend, Amane Yugi."

"Nice to meet you. So what are you guys up to this fine morning at the beach?"

"I've actually seen your masterpieces before and you can say that I have become quite a fan of yours," Nene glanced at Amane before responding with another timid gesture, "Is it okay if I ask you to paint me? I would pay how much you'd like!"

"Paint you?" Mei parroted as she raised her eyebrows at the young girl before her, the words piquing her interest; seeming as if her ears also perked up at it. "Sure, but how come?"

"It's a part of my, err, bucket list!"

"How interesting!" Mei chuckled as she picked up her sketchbook again and reached for her paintbrush. "I would gladly do so. Come, do as I tell you and we'll start with your desired portrait, princess."

It was an easy talk — the young woman had instructed her to simply sit down on a nearby rock, her back at the vast body of water. Mei had asked her to smile; give her a smile that she would offer to her family or just anything that gives her joy. She figured that she didn't have to stay like that for a long time though since the talented artist took a sketch of her like a camera.

Nene looked over at Amane as he stood by Mei's side, behaving. She still wore his straw hat as she posed and noticed that he was patiently waiting and watching as a masterpiece unfolds beside him — one that includes his dear lovely friend.

His gaze softens at the sight.

He'd never tell her, but maybe he's got a tiny little bit of a crush on her.

maybe it was the kind of secret that you don't tell, even to your mother.

Mei wasn't oblivious about that though — she's watched and observed people ever since that it's not too hard to know who likes who. It's in the eyes, she'd think and when she sees that familiar gleam in their orbs, then she'd know. Mei thought it was cute of them.

When she finished the portrait that only took a couple of minutes as she was definitely both skilled and focused, Mei had held it to her hands, presenting to them her lovely creation. She grinned, "What do you think?"

Nene blinked until she balled her fists and screamed in amazement, her eyes gleaming, "This is so cool, Ms. Shijima! Thank you!"

"You're very much welcome," Mei giggled. "Besides, I'll give you a discount. Don't worry about it since I really enjoyed doing this with you."

As Nene pays off at a distance with the young woman, Amane holds onto the simple portrait the artist did.

It unfolded right before his eyes as she had first sketch her outline and then some details, being very eager and focused in her work. The colors she used as she made her brush in contact with the canvas swiftly put life into her, especially in the details of her eyes along with its accents.

Behind her was the beauty of the endless body of water, beyond the horizon as it showed the shades of morning glee.

The portrait consisted especially of her smile, as her eyes looks elsewhere; he didn't exactly knew where she was focused — because unbeknownst to him, the young girl was looking at him while he looked at her on the art of her youthful face across the canvas.

As such like a paradox.