Chapter 3

The alarm started it's screaming at 6am. I groaned as I turned it off and Cupid licked my face. I didn't want to get up and deal with doing the presentation. Even knowing I had it backed up so Abigail wouldn't be able to do anything wasn't reassuring. I was still going to have to talk in front of a group of people and that was not my strong suit.

I forced myself to get out of bed and Cupid followed me to the bathroom. I got the shower running.

"You are not showering with me." I told Cupid.

She snorted at me and laid down in the doorway of the bathroom as I turned on the CD player to listen to music while I showered to help wake me up. The CD it played now was a mix I had thrown together a few days ago of new songs I Had downloaded.

Cupid wasn't by the door anymore when I got out, she had moved herself back to the bed. I dried off and put my pajamas back on until I was ready to get dressed for work.

"You ready to go outside?" I asked Cupid.

She jumped off the bed and waited for me by the back door to get up and let her out. While she was out, I got the bed made and went to make a bagel for myself to eat and filled up her food bowl and water bowl.

I was mentally going over my presentation as I let Cupid back in and followed her back out to the living room where she ate her breakfast and I nibbled on my bagel. I finished before Cupid did and went to get ready for work while she munched away. I didn't want to look too dressed up for the presentation, but I wasn't going to wear my normal everyday clothes either. I settled on a dark blue short sleeved fitted top, and dark grey skinny jeans with tie dye wedges.

Cupid came and joined me while I was putting on a little mascara and eyeliner. My hair was mostly dry, I would need to just run a brush through it when I got to work, but I was as ready as I was going to be.

"Okay Cupid, I have to head in and get this done with. You be a good girl." I told her as I grabbed my purse, laptop, and keys.

She grabbed a bone and laid down on her spot on the couch to chew on it as I walked out the door locking it and the security door behind me.

"Hey Jacelynn." A man called to me.

I looked up to see Rowan by his door, apparently leaving right now too.

"Hi, Rowan, right?" I said as he walked over to me.

"Yeah, how's it going? Heading to work?"

"Yeah I have a presentation to do today and just hoping the day goes fast."

"At least it's Friday." He said, I noticed his eyes were blue as he took my laptop from my hands so I could open the door on my grey 4runner.

"True and thank you." I said as I took back the laptop and slid it to the passenger seat.

"What time are you off?"

"Supposed to be off earlier today, just depends how long the presentation takes."

"Well I'll be home around three today, if you and Cupid want to hang out just come on over." Rowan said, "Good luck on your presentation."

"Thank you." I told him and got into my 4runner.

I waved to him as I backed out of my parking spot and left. The drive to work wasn't a very long one but it was time I could blare my radio. I was singing along to a Halestorm song as I pulled into the parking lot of work. I parked my 4runner and noticed that Abigail had to just pulled in to a spot as well.

"Great, I was hoping to not have to deal with her as soon as I got here." I said to myself.

I forced a smile on my face as I got out of my 4runner to find Abigail waiting for me.