How Can You Be Circus Bugs!

As Flik pushes Dim through the blades of grass, thoughts ran through his head.

"How!?"

"I messed up again!"

But the worst thought scared him the most, "What will Atta say about this?" Flik had hoped that these were "warriors". Big time screw up.

"Circus bugs? How can you be circus bugs?"

"What?"

"Hey, hey, hey. You said nothin' about killin' grasshoppers pal. You lied to us!" Francis accused.

"Ja!" Heimlich crossed his arms, each circus bug glared at the ant.

"Are you kidding? Do you know what this is? This, my friends, is false advertising." Flik shot back.

"How dare you! You, sir, are the charlatan in this scenario touting your wares as a scout, preying upon the souls of hapless artistes. Good day to you, sir." Manny turns away from Flik as he dismissively waved his hand.

The circus bugs turned their backs to Flik and started to walk away. Before Flik had a chance to say anything, Tuck and Roll marched up to the ant and smacked his face. Flik stood there with his hand on his cheek, shocked.

"Get them!" a female's voice whispers near him. Flik returned his focus back onto reality after hearing the voice.

"Wait! No, no! Wait, wait, wait, wait! You can't go." He runs up to them, "You have got to help me. Give me some time, I'll come up with a plan."

Heimlich shrugs, "Just go tell them the truth!"

Flik paled and ran up to each bug, "They can't know the truth. The truth, you see, is bad. I will be branded for life. My children's children will walk down the street, people will point and say, " Look! There goes the spawn of Flik, the loser!" Oh-- oh, you know, all right, fine. Yeah, okay. Just go. But if you could just do me a little favor before you leave. If you could squish me, that be great, because, uh, when they find out, I'm as good as dead." Manny shakes his head as Flik stops by Dim and puts his foot on his head.

"FLIK!" a feminine voice called out.

"Gasp!"

Flik gets back up, runs to the blades of grass looking for whoever called his name. Francis nudged Manny and whispered, "Let's go now while he's distracted."

All the circus bugs quickly, but quietly ran to escape the ant, while he spoke to whoever called him.

Manny spotted a flash of red once he turned his back on Flik, and nearly froze once he locked eyes with Maya.

Maya shook her head at him, however Manny quickly put a finger to his lips to show he won't say a word. Manny heard Flik shout out.

"Aah! Princess Atta! What a nice... surprise."

"Just what exactly is going on? I like to speak with the so-called " warriors.""

"You can't! They are in the middle of a top-secret meeting right now, and they really should not be disturbed... now. Right, guys?" Flik turns to see the circus bugs run off through the blades of grass, "Gasp! Could you ex-- pl-- Could you excuse me, please?"

"Wait, wait, wait! Please, don't go!"

"Wait! Wait, wait, wait, wait! Please! Don't go! No!"

Flik caught up to them and jumped quickly latching himself onto Slim's leg, "Quick, he's losin' it!" Slim shouts out once Francis grabbed him and began taking off in the air.

"You can't go! I'm desperate!"

"Really? I couldn't tell," Slim says sarcastically, as he and Francis looked at the blue-eyed ant.