Building The Bird

Back on Ant Island, Mr. Soil took Flik to the infirmary, followed by the circus bugs who helped carry Francis.

As Mr. Soil gently laid Flik on the flower stem bed, Dr. Flora handed him some bandages for Flik as she works on Francis's leg.

Mr. Soil whispered as he worked on Flik's leg, "I saw one of the red ants hiding in the blades of grass. They sent a warning. Hopper has a black Ant dart."

Flik's eyes widened with fear, "No that's impossible." he whispered, shoulders tensing up.

Mr. Soil puts his hand on Flik's shoulder, and looks in his eyes, "I was going to tell you until we saw you all run from the bird."

Mr. Soil paused for a second as he wrapped Flik's leg and glanced up at him, "Did Princess Dot see you shoot the poisonous dart at the bird?"

Flik shook his head, "No. I told her to close her eyes." Mr. Soil nodded his head in approval, "Good." Mr. Soil stood up and took Flik's arm, pulling him up into a sitting position.

"I'm sure that I can stand. It is a graze after all."

Mr. Soil glanced at Dr. Flora and she nodded her head, "If you feel any pain at all let Mr. Soil or I know straight away." Dr. Flora ordered. Flik smiled and nodded his head, "Yes ma'am." Dr. Flora chuckles lightly.

The blueberry scouts entered the infirmary, followed by Princess Atta, ran up to Francis and the other circus bugs.

Flik stood up as Mr. Soil helped him, went over to stand next to the entrance of the infirmary, and leaned against the wall slightly, while watching the blueberry scouts.

"Our blueberry troop salute you bugs for rescuing our smallest member, Princess Dot. And as a tribute to Miss Francis, we've changed our bandanas!" the leader of the blueberry scouts smiles as the scouts showed their bandanas.

"We voted you our honorary den mother!" Dot beamed. The blueberry scouts cheered and ran up to Francis hugging and kissing his cheek.

"What? Great."

"All right, girls. Let's move your keisters outta here now. The patient needs her rest, you know. Come on." Dr. Flora led the girls out of the room with Mr. Soil following not far behind.

Princess Atta glances at Flik, "Excuse, me, Flik. Can I talk to you for a second?" Flik turns his head towards the Princess, "Huh? Oh, sure." Flik steps away from the wall he leaned against and opened the leaf doors.

"Again, thank you all, very, very much."

"Oh, stop it."

"You're too kind."

" Thank you."

Princess Atta turns to Flik once the leaves closed. "You don't think I've offended the warriors, do you?" she asked as worry etched in her voice.

Flik waved his hand, "You? No." Princess Atta sighed with relief, "Oh, good. Because you see, when you first brought them here, I thought you'd hired a bunch of clowns."

Flik laughed nervously, "Ya did?"

Princess Atta was walking down the hall with Flik following, to an opening like window, and watched the ants move about in the anthill.

"Don't tell 'em I said that. Boy, that's all I'd need, another royal blunder like that."

Flik frowned at the Princess's choice of words, "Princess, you're doin' a great job."

Princess Atta smiles slightly, "Thanks, you're sweet. You're wrong but sweet. I know what everyone truly thinks."

"I don't follow you."