4

I knocked lightly, hoping he would be awake.

The door slowly opened revealing a tired-looking Corpse.
"Sykkuno?" He said in a concerned tone.

I fell forward into him, wrapping my arms around him. I had no idea what I was doing all I knew is that Corpse is the only person that makes me feel safe, even if I've only known him for a day.

He slowly wrapped his arms around me pulling me close like the first time we met.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked in a soft caring tone.
I buried my head in his chest "I miss my family..." I whispered.

"You'll see them again" he reassured.

He slowly untangled himself from my hug and grabbed my hand pulling me into his room and closing the door behind me.

"You can sleep here tonight if it will make you feel less alone?" He offered, I felt myself want to nod my head but that would be invading his privacy.

"I don't want to intrude..." I mumbled the tears still flowing down my face.

"You wouldn't be" he smiled down at me and squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"O-okay," I said hiccuping in the middle of my sentence.

I walked back over to him, wanting another hug. He gladly hugged me back. His clothing was soft and warm and he smelled like what you would expect rain to smell like and it was strangely comforting.

"Corpse?" I asked in a quiet tone.
"Yeah" he rubbed small circles into my back in a comforting manner.
"Thank you" I had no idea why I was hugging an almost stranger or why I was completely fine with it, but at this moment I couldn't care less about who he was.

I felt him pick me up by my thighs, making my face turn a deep shade of red.

He sat me down on his bed, which was the same as mine but it felt more comfortable for some reason?

He wiped away my tears and smiled at me.
That's when I noticed he wasn't wearing the mask he wore yesterday.
His smile was contagious.

I started to smile, even if it was a small smile barely noticeable, it was still there.

"You can take the bed of you want" Corpse mumbled.
"But this is your room... I don't want to steal your bed" I said in a sad tone.

"We could share it?" I say not really knowing what I was doing.

He looked at me in surprise but slowly nodded.
I got under the covers and turned towards the wall, away from Corpse.
He got in beside me and surprisingly he pulled me towards him so he was hugging me.

But I would never complain.

I felt myself slowly drift off to sleep again but this time I wasn't awoken by any terrible nightmares.

~~

I woke up to a knocking on the door and a shout. "Corpse, have you seen Sykkuno, he's not in his room!" Rae shouted worriedly.

Corpse groaned and sat up looking at the time, 10 am.

He looked in my direction, "do you want her to know you're here?" He whispered and I quickly shook my head hiding under the covers.

He chuckled standing up and walking toward the door and opening it to reveal a concerned-looking Rae.
"Can I help you?" His voice sounding deeper than usual.

Rae stood there in shock for a few seconds before coming back to reality.
"Have you see Sykkuno?" She asked.

Corpse sent me a quick glance before turning back towards Rae.
"Nope, haven't seen him" he replied.

He leaned across the doorway so Rae couldn't see into the room.
"He's not in his room, are you sure you've not seen him?" Rae said in a concerned tone.

"Have you checked the cafeteria? He might've gone there" Corpse said lying to her face and not showing any sign that he could be lying.

"Oh- ill go check there now..." She said running off to go looking in the cafeteria.

"You should probably go now before she comes back." He whispered and I thanked him and quickly walked out of his room.

"Sykkuno?" I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned around and saw Pewds standing there holding his breakfast.
He looked at me and then at Corpse who was standing at his room door.

"Wha- Why... Oh, shit Sykkuno isn't as innocent as I thought!" He shouted with a shocked look across his face.

Corpse just let out a deep chuckle before disappearing into his room, leaving me to deal with Pewds by myself.

"Pewds! Shh, nothing happened!" I tried lowering my voice so that he would do the same but it's Felix so he doesn't get the point.

"I knew it!" Felix said happily.
I frowned in frustration and grabbed Felix's hand and pulled him into my room.

"Felix! Nothing. Happened." I tried to say it slowly so he could understand.

"Then why were you coming out of that sexy dude's room, at 10 am!" He questioned suspiciously.

"He was seeing if I was okay because I miss home..." I mumbled, confused about why I told him that.

"Uhuh sure I believe you," he said winking at me, showing that there was no way in the slights that he believes me.

"Just don't tell anyone, promise me you won't," I say, putting my pinky out for him to pinky promise me.

"Ughhhhhh fine" he groans but still pinky promised me.

I dont know why I was so defensive about this?
I kick Felix out of the room so I could get changed into regular clothing.

The weird thing about the clothes we had to bring was that all of them had to be the colour of our spacesuit.

So all I've got is lime t-shirts and jumpers.

I get dressed in a lime green jumper that was too big for me so it covered my hands and my butt.

I walked out of my room to see Rae standing there angrily.
"Where were you?!" She asked with a frown on her face.

"I was in the bathroom getting ready," I said looking around at everything but Rae.

While I was looking around I spot Corpse walking out of his room, heading towards the cafeteria.

He was wearing a black hoodie, black ripped jeans and he had rings on some of his fingers, making him look kinda emo and badass at the same time.
He also had his mask on covering his handsome face.

"Sykkuno! I've been looking for you all morning!" I zoned back into Rae shouting at me.

"I'm sorry I won't do it again! I promise." I say to her doing a small salute as a joke but by the look on her face, she didn't find it funny.