Reunited

*****Sorry Guys this isn't edited, but I will do that soon!

Hope you enjoy!

The next morning I was awakened by the sound of little feet running across the hardwood floors.

"Auntie Jules Auntie Jules" By the time I was fully awake he was already jumping on my bed.

I turned my head to look at the clock and noticed that it was only 6:30 in the morning. Way to early to be awake on a Saturday morning. I stretched my arms over my head and curled up in a ball for a few more moments of relaxation, but Phoenix would have none of that. He climbed under the cover and put his face directly in front of mine. " Play..Play! I missed you Auntie Jules."

Phoenix was an adorable little boy. He looked so much like Ryder and Jodie all at the same time. He had the same brown hair as Ryder and the same green eye color. The shape of his eyes and nose looked a lot of like Jodie. I would say that he was the perfect mix of the both of them.

I grabbed Phoenix, pulled him tightly to me and kissed him on the cheeks. He giggled like a wild man. I loved his giggles. I hadn't heard them many times in his short life. It was one thing that I hated about my need to stay away from home. I missed out on the first three years of Phoenix's life.

I guess the roars of laugher between Phoenix and I got Jodie's attention because before I knew it she was standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips.

" Phoenix, did you wake up Auntie Jules up?"

"No, Momma she was wake when I  bounce on  bed."

All I could do was laugh. Jodie lowered head and furrowed her brow. "Phoenix." She spoke in a stern voice.

She didn't have to say anything else. "Saweey Momma, saweey Auntie Jules."

He kissed my cheek and it made my heart melt. " It is okay Phoenix."

He wiped his hand across his forehead. "Phew, You not gonna be mad  me FOREVER."

This time it was Jodie who laughed. " Phoenix is something else." She lovingly shook her head.

I smiled at her. She was right, Phoenix was something special.

"Did you sleep well? Other than the rude awakening?"

I laughed and glanced at Phoenix, he was smiling from ear to ear.

" Surprisingly, yes."

"How was the trip in?"

"Long."

"Phoenix go to your room and I'll come help you brush your teeth and get ready in a few minutes."

"But momma."

"Phoenix, listen to your momma"

"Yes Ma'am." 

I was amazed by his manners for an almost four year old. They had raised him well thus far. It was a strange feeling knowing every year that then next time I'd see Phoenix he'd be a year older. At this time of in his life so much changes in a years time. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the hands of time and make a few changes so that I wouldn't have missed out so much on time I could have spent with Ryder, Phoenix, and Jodie.

"Jules, I know your not super excited about having to come back here, but we are so thankful that you are here."

"It is not that I don't want to be here, I want to be with y'all. I just swore I'd never come back to this town. Ryder once told me I'd eat my own words." I laughed a little mostly to myself.