Chapter 1

A/N: First chapter, here we go!!

Jessica's P.O.V.

I did not expect to be set up for a blind double date on this beautiful Friday afternoon.

Charlotte, as much as I love her, drives me up the god damn wall sometimes. What else could friends be for, spending time together and actually being nice to one another? Pfft, not Charlotte. Her idea of fun was setting me up with guys once a week or so whilst she gets to watch on the sideline.

"Lottie I mean it this time, I'm not doing this shit again." I groaned, sitting down on my once neatly made bed that is now covered in make-up and clothes. She needs to get an actual hobby, I decide. Just so she stops pulling these last-minute dates on me.

She turns from my wardrobe and gives me a pleading look. "Come on Jess, I promise this guy is the one for you. He's a total gentleman, not to mention that he's attractive." She says, pouting at me. I roll my eyes and sigh. "How many times, in our 4 years of friendship, have your puppy-dog eyes worked on me?" I say in a smug tone whilst crossing my arms.

"Yeah yeah, none. Please Jess, these guys are so much better looking than the last ones! If tonight goes badly, I promise I'll stop setting you up." She continues to try to convince me. I look away and think for a moment, what have I got to lose? I didn't have any plans tonight other than doing a few extra things for work.

"Yeah alright, fine. But I'm telling you, no more after this one." I say sternly, pointing my finger at her. She smiles brightly and lightly squeals, thanking me profusely. I just roll my eyes and smile, letting her help me get ready for whatever shit storm she's got planned for tonight.

***

I've done them all. Carnival dates, movie dates, dinner dates, you name it. All with some poor guy that Lottie possibly scared into agreeing to be set up with me. None of these men ever caught my eye, they all seemed the same. This whole blind-date thing was fun the first few times, then it felt like a routine. I was definitely sick of it, that's for sure.

So I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the expensive looking restaurant, which explains why we're so dressed up. I give Lottie a 'What the fuck have you done' Look but she just smiles guiltily as we pull into a car space. We get out of the car and walk towards the line, which was actually really long. I've heard of this place, it's one of the best restaurants around. They're normally booked out for months at a time!

"Lottie, how the hell did you manage to get a booking here on such short notice?" I say, in awe of my surroundings. We arrive at the back of the line and I stop to wait, only for Lottie to gently grab my arm as she keeps walking. "One of the guys already had the booking, just let me get us in alright?" She says in a smug tone as she quickly glances at me. We arrive at the door where there is a man standing at a podium dressed in a very expensive looking suit, he not-so-discreetly eyes us up and down before smiling at us.

"Welcome! Do you have a reservation?" He asks politely, despite just eyeing us up. I stay silent and wait for Charlotte to reply.

"Yes, under Fletcher." She replies and my eyes widen. This guy must've booked this table out months ago, how in the hell did she manage to set this up? I zone out as we are lead to our table, thinking of the possible ways that she managed to make this happen and weasel into one of the most expensive restaurants in London. I didn't realize how zoned-out I actually was until I hear Charlotte clear her throat.

I snap my head up to see her already sat down across from the men that we were here to see. I quickly apologize and sit next to her, instinctively grabbing the menu and reading some of the options. After I've decided on the steak, I look up to see who I'm meant to be talking to.

I was taken aback by his brown curly hair and his slightly tanned complexion, causing his lips to stand out more than they normally would on someone. His bright green eyes seem to pierce through me, but in the lightest, most friendly way possible. He smiles lightly at me and I realize that I'm flat-out staring at him like a creep. I snap out of it, again, and warmly smile back.

" Hi, sorry! I'm Jessica." I say politely and hold out my hand, slightly embarrassed at my behavior so far. He chuckles and slightly shakes his head.

"Don't stress darling, it's nice to meet you. I'm Harry." He says, taking my outstretched hand and lightly shaking it. His hand seems to linger on mine longer than it should, but I didn't take any notice.

What I did take notice of, was the silver wedding band on his left hand.

I turn my head to Charlotte and look at her with bewilderment, but she just smiles at me. Why the hell would she set me up with a married man?! She doesn't take any notice of mine and Harry's interaction as she was busy focusing on the man who sat across from her. He notices my worried look and smiles at me.

"Hi Jessica, I'm Cameron. Thank you so much for agreeing to come out tonight on such short notice." He says, he seemed to be trying to distract me from what I've just seen. I give him a cautious look before replying.

"Hi Cameron, I didn't have much of a choice but at least I'm out of the house." I reply, pushing the alarming thought of being on a date with someone who is already committed to the back of my brain. Despite the current situation being alarming, I just want to get this over with.

I turn back to Harry and he looks slightly uncomfortable, but he quickly shakes that off as he notices I've turned my attention back to him. "I'll be honest with you Jessica, I was kind of forced to be here." He says, hoping Cameron won't hear him. I'm slightly relieved that he's not purposefully out to be unfaithful.

"Oh thank goodness, I was forced here too." I say with a light laugh. This makes him chuckle again as I continue; "So, tell me about this family of yours." I motion towards his ring and his smile drops the tiniest bit, but he quickly puts his guard back up as he speaks.

"My wife's name is Jacqueline and we have a 7 year old daughter together, her name is Cassie." His tone seems to drop a bit when he mentions his wife but I ignore it, it's none of my business anyways. I smile at his as I reply. "They sound wonderful." I slightly smile at him, maybe he came out to make new friends? He seems like a really genuine person.

"Yeah, she is." He says quietly, immediately looking down to his menu.

A confused look briefly appears on my face as I watch him flick through the menu. As I think of why he only referred to one of the girls rather than both, a waiter comes to take our order.