Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry for the time skip, I'm horrible at writing filler chapters!

*1 month later*

Jessica's P.O.V.

Work today just dragged on, I was completely overloaded. I knew that I would have to stay late tonight despite my boss actually telling me to go home early. I will admit that I work way harder than what I should, but I can't help it. I absolutely love my job, I never thought that I would even work in the fashion industry. But here I am, little old me is an office clerk with my own private office. It's very basic and it's also only on the second level, but I still love it. It gives me a sense of privacy, despite me doing the exact same thing as my co-workers who have a cubicle.

When you've got a boring and uneventful social life like mine, you tend to work longer just so the days go by quicker. But like I'd said, today went so bloody slowly. I add the finishing touches to the report I'm writing when I hear a knock at my door. I look up to see the CEO of Orion Fashion Co, Claire Orion, stepping inside.

"You're still here? Jessica I said you could go home two hours ago." She says in a friendly and somewhat sad manner. I just smile guiltily back at her. "I'm sorry Claire, I didn't realize what the time was. The last time I looked at the clock it was 3:00." I reply, quickly glancing at the clock on my wall to see that it's just past 5:00.

"You work too hard dear, at your age you need to be out living your best life. At least, until you get to my age. Now when I come home my husband is always found on the couch covered in Cheetos." She rolls her eyes playfully, causing me to giggle.

"I never have anything else to do other than work, it's so boring at my place so I figured that I'd work the time away." I say, slightly shaking my head whilst finishing up the report in front of me. I pick up the papers and tap them on the desk so they're nice and neat before handing them to her with a grin on my face. "Besides, it allows me to finish my reports for you early."

She glances down at the papers I handed her, then she looks back up at me and signs. "I only assigned this to you this morning." She says in a slightly scolding but light tone. "These papers weren't due for another two weeks, you really do work too hard."

"I know, but now I'm a month ahead on your reports. You can't tell me that you hate not being overloaded with work right?' I say in a slightly smug voice as I pack up my desk, getting ready to go home. "I'll admit that it's nice not to be so busy all the time. But seriously, go home on time tomorrow. Don't make me force you out that door!" She said playfully as she headed towards the very door she was referring to.

"No promises, goodnight Mrs. Orion!" I call after as she walks away from my office. She kind of has a point, I basically live here. Considering I only graduated university last year with an undergraduate degree in Fashion Marketing from UAL, I already have my own little office at the ripe age of 23. I think I'm doing pretty well so far if I do say so myself.

***

Just as I sit in the drivers seat of my car, my phone goes off. I pull it out of my handbag to see a message flashing on my lock screen.

Harry: Hi darling, are you busy tonight?

I smile to myself, reading the nickname a few times over. Over the last month Harry and I have gotten quite close, I find myself looking forward to his text messages and occasional phone call. I know that it's so wrong to be slightly crushing on a married man, but I've observed his body language a little bit. Sadly, I don't think he's happy. I don't want to ask him about it because it's none of my business, but it plays on my mind every now and again as to why he spends time with me and not his family. I pull myself out of my thoughts and quickly type a reply.