1. Our Story Begins

I may not be the main character of this story, but I know this story like I understand the back of my hand. This story isn't just about love between people. You see, it is about the connection of people through each other's hearts. Not all connections are meant to be made romantically nor, should all love to be romantic. Not only did one boy love her most ardently, but another loved her when he simply did not know what "love" was. She was the girl that made all of the world's hearts smile. Venus Novella was the girl who found her choice and found you don't have to let your past define your future. Venus was rare. She was unapologetically herself despite her darkness, and he loved her for it.

Venus woke up earlier than ever before. She was desperate to go back to Hogwarts. Venus was tired of roaming the gigantic manor she and her father, along with servants, had lived inside. It was tiresome having to tolerate the dull environment. Venus would walk the great estate alone and find herself lost in the library of Novella manor. She spent her loneliness reading about her family history. She was never told much by her father so, she would learn on her own. Venus knew her family was powerful, but never to the extent that would satisfy her. Venus's mother passed away when Venus was six years old. Ever since then, it's just been her and her father, Orion Novella, hidden in the lonely Novella Manor.

Orion was a powerful man who fell deeply in love with a woman named Aria Blackjack. They were so in love with each other it was a beautiful thing. Orion and Aria later got married and had a daughter. They became one of the most omnipotent forces in the wizarding world. Two people joining two powerful pureblood lines together, they were elite until one night. It was October 1st, 1986, on Venus's 6th birthday. Venus was forced away from her parents and sent to her room before she could blow out her candles.

As a child, Venus was curious and sneaked down the grand staircase quietly to hear what her parents were discussing. " She is far too young for this Orion. I will not allow her to be brought into this!" her mother shouted at Venus's father. "You cannot avoid a prophecy Aria, believe me, Venus is just an insolent child. She will go to Hogwarts, and she will be like you and me. She will become what she is meant to be." her father said as he ended the discussion.

Venus had no clue what they were talking about, and what she didn't know was that would be the last time she would hear her mother's voice. Venus woke up that morning with no hugs from her father and no kisses from her father. Aria was gone. Venus was confused and frightened. As a child, she thought her mother went out of town or was somewhere else. Aria was none of those things, and she was taken that night before. There was no scream, no noise as if her disappearance was planned or somehow orchestrated.

Venus ran to her father, sitting alone at the table, looking ever so stern at the Daily Prophet. She was scared and upset that her father wasn't trying to look for Aria. Venus saw her father before her, reading the daily prophet aloud with a fresh glass of bourbon in hand. "Look, sweetheart, your mother was taken! Wow, and on the front page, I'm being accused of making her go away! She isn't here anymore, little evening star. Your mother is gone. They took her! They took her away from me, damn it." with those sharp last words he threw his glass at the wall terrorizing young little Venus. Venus ran away from her father crying and hid in her room for what felt like an eternity. The Novella family house-elf, Biskey was sent to make her come down for supper. This became an everyday thing for the next ten years of Venus's life at home.

Venus's Pov

I loathed that staying awake all night and staring at my ceiling of stars became an annual thing before returning to Hogwarts. I admit I was tired. I was wearing a tank top and long flowing pants to sleep, just like every other evening. My brown messy curls were long and draped down my face and back like curtains. Everything I had was ready for me to take and go as I pleased. My trunk was packed and I had my cat Nova with me ready to leave. I stayed awake, clouding my mind in endless thoughts rather than being nervous. I loved going to school, don't get me wrong, it's just parts of me tend to feel bad about what I leave behind.