Chapter 47

"Happy 19." he said quietly as we walked to the other side. "Thanks." I said and smiled. Then we became silent again. "So uh, what's the Christmas Bash about?" I asked him. "Well, people of the apartment complex and few surrounding areas come to greet each other for Christmas, you know, the usual stuff." he said and shrugged. But then he frowned. "What's wrong?" I asked and stopped walking to sit at a wooden bench that was facing the park. "Nothing I just hope I don't run into Everly again." he said and sat next to me. "What's her deal anyway?" I asked him curiously and turned to face him. "You sure you wanna listen?" he asked me seriously. I nodded my head in agreement. "Fine. So as you know, before we used to stay in LA. Around 4 to 5 years ago, mom said that she wanted to stay in a place where it's quiet and no frequent crimes and stuff happen. So, they found a house here in Australia. But me and the twins had to still stay to complete our training at headquarters. Mom allowed us because she too was a junior spy, until she had the twins." he paused and my silence encouraged him to move on. "We were usually here to visit them during holidays, etc. But when we moved here in the beginning, even the twins and I stayed for 6 months. Everly was here too at that time, and one day she had dropped her hairband by mistake. I had noticed it so I picked it up and tried to call her, but she didn't hear me. So i followed her, waiting for her to stop walking. How am I supposed to know that she was on her way to meet her friends!? Finally she stopped, and when I gave it to her oh well, she thought the unexpected." he said. "And then?" I asked edging closer to him, me half floating and half sitting. "Oh well, guess I can't talk you out of it. Her friends started giggling, saying that I was stalking her and that, well, liked her." he said and face palmed himself. "She and her friends have been behind me since." he stopped talking. 

"Now that's sad!" I said, and got up. "Come on. Let's go." I said and walked in some random direction. But he caught my wrist. "You don't know the way yet!" he said and pulled me back next to me. For some reason, that made me laugh and the awkward tension that was surrounding us faded away. We walked straight into a building which I think was stationed right in the middle of the entire complex. "It's pretty roomy. The sports rooms are on the other side. This side is for parties n stuff." Leo said opening the glass double door to let me in. In the room, there were many containers which had streamers and other decorations in the them. On the wall where they were, there was a notice. "Those who are helping set up this place, you can begin whenever you want, just don't break anything!" I read loud. "Wait for the others or begin with the Christmas tree?" I asked. "Let's begin! But before that, let's have a little cover!" he said, opened his palms pointed in opposite directions, and the shutters in the room all fell down. "Seriously? Put them back up right now!" I said and took one box over tot he Christmas tree standing in the middle of the room, tall. From the other side, effortlessly carried the ladder and placed it in front. "Ugh fine! Only if you allow me to help with giving the stuff for decorating!" he said. "K. Give me the stars then." he stood next to the ladder, holding the box and then threw three stars. "Leo what the heck!" I said, but I caught the stars. "What has gotten into you today!?" I asked, and got down back to the ground, thinking it would  be safer to deal with hyped up Leo from the level surface. He dropped the box, and picked me up and spun me.