Chapter 5.1

I have no idea what Alex means, and I don't want to find out it right now. Too overwhelmed and tired for that. I'll stay alone. I don't have other relatives.
Once again, sadness and tears capture me. A little more crying, and I'll start stuttering. My eyes are probably swollen and I don't look nice right now. More precisely, I might look ugly. Who cares? My brother is dying, and I have only a lousy thousand pounds to save his life. And earning that thousand almost broke me apart.
I am too weak...
'Don't worry, we'll settle it,' Andrew tries to comfort me again. It's useless. He can't stand Adam, and Adam can't stand him.
I understand that I need to calm down, come out of it and think of what else can be done. I can borrow money from my friends, from Alice if all else fails.
Right, Alice!
'Hey, where are you going?' my friend flares up. But I'll explain it later, when my plan works out. Explanations can wait.
Alice might help me, despite the past. We seem to find common ground, and I bet there must be the amount of money in her bank account. And when Adam gets better, I'll earn the money and pay off the debt. Every last pound. And he will live. He will stay with me.
But all my dreams are shattering to pieces. The subscriber is temporarily unavailable. I leave a voice message, asking her to call back, and check the social networks. I have already added her to friends. She was online about 24 hours ago. The last option is the escort website, at which she registered me.
I: 'Please, call me back when you get the message. It is urgent.'
I send the message. I hope she will read it soon.
No messages. Neither from Alice, nor from clients. I wonder if I write that I'm willing to do anything for fifteen thousand, will someone respond to my offer?
'Ready to do anything. Fifteen thousand pounds. No bargaining allowed. No restrictions. Ready to come to your place.'
I add the offer to my profile. I know that I wrote a complete nonsense due to despair, but maybe someone will respond. Who knows, perhaps someone will see it and pay that amount of money for my crazy offer. It doesn't hurt to ask. I have to try.
'Hey, have you fallen asleep in there?' Andrew shouts from the living room.
'I'll be right out.' My friends are sitting together at the couch and hugging. 'May I stay at your place?'
Alex looks at Andrew, and when his friend gives the nod of approval, he says:
'You may sleep on the couch.'
The guys' apartment is located not in the most prosperous area. Tomorrow I will face terrific traffic jams on my way to the hostel. But I don't care. I'll never fall asleep alone in an empty room. Alone in stillness, diluted by noises of a lively party on the third floor.
'Do you want me to lie with you for a while?; Andrew asks.
'You shouldn't. Alex will be jealous.'
We both know that this is not true, and I said something stupid, but the guy looks at me carefully and presses me against his chest. He's warm. It's like a glimpse into my childhood.
'Everything will be fine,' he whispers and goes to the bedroom to his boyfriend.
I keep going through the memories of the hard day for a while. Meeting, Adam's diagnosis, Alice's instruction. I'm trying to think plan B. What about selling kidney? I fall asleep with these thoughts, barely hearing the sound of my phone vibrating.