Chapter 2 (Part 1): House of Demons

Both (Y/N) and Tanjiro had successfully survived their time in the Final Selection. Now, as the sun peaks through trees, they race to the top. Hardly seeing anyone else, (Y/N) wonders if they're late.

"Hey, we're almost there. We better hurry!" Tanjiro said, picking up the pace. The (H/C) haired girl nodded in agreement, catching up with him.

As they reached the edge of the Wisteria, they slowed their pace, seeing three other people before them.

How odd... (Y/N) thought to herself.

The Wisteria surrounding the place caught her eye, as it somewhat glistened. She reached up to touch it, gently caressing it between her fingers.

A crow could be heard overhead, which surprised her. She stretched her arms towards the crow, and it perched itself on her forearm.

She hadn't been paying attention for a while, and had to guess what some of the instructions were. Eventually, the (H/C) haired girl paid attention, only when she was being dismissed.

*               *             *

Now a part of the Demon Slayer Corps, (Y/N) follows her crow, which she named, (C/N), towards her first mission. Dressed in a (U/C) uniform, and cloak, she walked along the dirt path.

"Hey, (L/N)-san!" Tanjiro called out to her.

(Y/N) stopped in her tracks, turning around to face him.

"It looks like we're headed the same way!" The boy continued.

The (H/C) haired girl gave a small nod in agreement, as he stood a few feet in front of her.

(Y/N) sensed something up ahead, but it was too far away to properly see. It caught Tanjiro's attention.

"Something wrong?" He questioned.

"No," The girl replied blankly. "There's just a couple people up ahead."

She didn't mention that there might be a problem, for the Demon Slayer was more concerned about the task at hand.

The (H/C) haired girl squinted her eyes, trying to get a better view of the people ahead.

* * *

This is gonna be a long day... She internally sighed.

"Stop that! She's clearly not interested in you!" Tanjiro protested, trying to reason with the blond boy.

The girl repeatedly slapped the blond boy, and Tanjiro was taken aback.

The (H/C) haired Demon Slayer was off to the side, not taking part in the solution.

In her mind, it was an obstacle that would slow her down the longer she stayed in that space.

Tanjiro held the girl back, as she attempted to lash out at the blond boy, who cried out in pain. A red hand mark on his face.

This is giving me a headache... (Y/N) thought to herself. But something caught her eye...

She noticed that the boy had a sword. Along with a uniform somewhat similar to Tanjiro's.