Running shoes

So...sophomore year was now halfway over and I had gotten a pretty crappy start to my new year. My classes were failing...and not to brag, but I was a straight A student, and not to even mention that, that now marked the third year that my parents and brother had been dead. So I suppose that you could maybe have called it a really bad day? I didn't care what you called it...but it was far from good. The only thing that was keeping me together were my friends, and they were only in a few of my classes.

Track season was just about to begin, but there was absolutely no possible way that I could be on the team AND bring my grade up. I wanted to be on the team so bad that it wasn't even funny.
Running released every stress or worry that I had ever even took the thought of. The split second that they said GO, it's like my heart started beating for the first time and my head wasn't filled with all of that junk...but it was focused on what I wanted to be doing and where I wanted be going and not what the world wanted for me.

Kenzie was in drama and Lanie was in basketball, but it want like I was seriously going to join that stuff! Oh...Jacob? He wasn't really of the "athletic type" or anything at all for that matter. He did come to all of our games/meets and plays and was always the first one to stand up and clap (yes even for my track meets), no matter what he was always there...so I guess that helped.
Other than that, it was just me, my running shoes and a straight path to destiny...so I thought.