24. the truth

flashback

"dude c'mon, you're gonna be late!" vinnie shouted for robbie from the front door of robbie's family house.

"alright, alright. chill!" robbie shouted back from his bedroom before then running out with his car keys on his left hand and his right holding a small black box.

"you got everything?" vinnie asked, as they both made their ways to their cars.

"yeah! i'll see you at the restaurant!" robbie said with a big smile on his face as he pulled his bestfriend into a tight hug.

vinnie could sense something but he just shrugged it off and chuckled. "goodluck! i'll see you at the restaurant"

but he really did wish he would've just hold robbie a little big longer and tighter as soon as he saw robbie's car flying right to the left side of the road, hitting a big tree right there, right infront of his very eyes.

but, the truck that hit robbie quickly drove away, not even stopping or trying to give them any help.  still shook at the sight, he stepped right on the brake and pulled aside to the road and rushed to robbie's car. he then opened the door to robbie's side and pulled him out of the semi burning car.

"v-vinnie.."

vinnie's heart broke as he took a look at robbie's bloody forehead and nose. he tried his best to wiped them all off with hit sleeves but that didn't work.

"it's fine... p-please give this to her, alright?" robbie tried to reach for the small black box in his pants pocket, even though with trembling and bloody hands.

"no.. come on. everything will be fine!" vinnie said loudly as he dialled the emergency number and looked around for anybody but no one was around.

right after he ended the emergency call, robbie coughed loudly and laid weakly. he then slowly placed the small box on vinnie's hands.

"treat her right please. i trust you"

and with that, vinnie felt like a heavy weight of a rock just hit his shoulder as he watched his bestfriend laying on his laps weakly.

after about 3 more minutes or so, the ambulance finally came and took robbie away from vinnie.

vinnie who was still shook and startled, opened the small box to see the content of it. he almost cried when he saw a sparkly ring in it.

end of flashback

"so you kept this ring this whole time?"emily asked with tears in her eyes, looking at the ring that was meant to be given by robbie to her.

"yeah..." vinnie shortly answered, still emotional when he told the story out loud.

"where do you hide it? under your bed or something? how have i never know about this?"emily asked, wiping the tears that fell upon her cheeks.

vinnie let out a chuckle before he say, "dude, you have no idea! i literally hid it under my pillow and just wished you would never find it!"

"under a pillow is not a great hiding place, vinnie"emily giggled even though she was pretty much still crying.

"well.. you didn't find it" vinnie responded.

it was almost 11 pm and vinnie thought it would be much better if he told her at somewhere private. so after introducing him to her parents at dinner, emily suggested them to went to the playground nearby.

"i still remember, standing exactly there, when he suddenly running excitedly toward me, telling me that he would confess his feelings to you" vinnie smiled as he pointed at one exact spot infront of them.

"that's cute.. i remember coming here with him almost every single night looking at the stars"emily told as she laid on her back as vinnie just stayed propping his elbow under his head and looked at emily.

"so what now?" emily asked, looking at vinnie who was already smiling.

"well, i think we should do exactly what he wanted" vinnie smirked as emily blushed.

"take me on a date first bruh" emily jokingly rolled her eyes as they both then bursted into a laugh.

———————————————————

"what are we going to do? they both aren't even here!" jordan asked frustratedly looking at devyn who was sitting across from him at the cafe.

"look, we just going to wait for them to come back, okay! this going to work!" devyn said.

"it have to!" jordan said before he stood up and left devyn alone at the table.

———————————————————

a/n

i guess they're both linked now?

but WE STILL HAVE DEVYN AND JORDAN'S PLAN oop ALSO HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE TIKTOK OF VINNIE WEARING THE MAID DRESS OMFGG

anyway, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR 13K READS! I LOVE AND APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH! PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!

i hope all of you are doing fine and having a great day!!!