viiii. ARRANGED MARRIAGES, ALCOHOL AND LETTERS

CHAPTER NINE!
(ARRANGED MARRIAGES, ALCOHOL AND LETTERS)

┌─── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┐

MEET ME IN THE HALLWAY, HARRY STYLES

I walked the streets all day
running with the thieves
'cause you left me in the hallway
just take the pain away

└─── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───┘

DECEMBER 19, 1976

DECEMBER 19, 1976

IT WAS A SNOWY SUNDAY, the corridors were full of chatter from excited students who were telling their friends, that were staying in the castle, to write them everyday. Breakfast was served in the great hall, the headmaster didn't want the poor students to hunger when on the long train ride back to their families. When Ara walked by the tall open doors of the hall, she was relieved that she wasn't hungry and didn't have to fight some first years for a seat on the overfilled and loud housetable.

Getting into a carriage, which was pulled by the mysterious but glorious creatures, Ara and her two best friends, Alice and Frank sat down on the plush seats.

"Are you sure you don't want to spend christmas at mines ?", Alice asked her for what felt like the thousands time. Frank will be staying at Alice's house for the second week since his parents want to visit his older sister who is studying mermaids in iceland.

"I'd love to, really, but you know that my parents want me to be there over the break and because Sirius won't be here, I don't want to leave Regulus all alone."

"That's okay, just promise to write us if something's happened or you're not feeling too well", Alice and Frank were worried about their friend. Recently, Ara had not been happy and they were sure it was because of her parents, but there's nothing they could do beside offering their help and being there for her.

The carriage stopped at the entrance of Hogsmeade and the three of them made their way to the station where the Hogwarts Express has already arrived. A group of Gryffindors was standing on the platform, laughing together.

When Ara was close enough to see their faces, she recognized them. It was her older brother and his friends.

"I have to talk to someone real quick, okay ?", she excused herself and walked away without waiting for an answer.

James saw Ara strolling up to them, he nudged Sirius's shoulder and whispered something to him.

The boy turned around, a smile formed on his face and he opened his arms wide.