Chapter XII: Azkaban (Rosetta)

R     O     S     E     T     T     A

A Couple Days Ago...

Rosetta arrived at the snow covered ground by apparating. She swept forward; cloak billowing behind her.

Her eyes were cold with hatred, she walked with purpose, her hair flew behind her, her hollow cheeks made her look gaunt, and she held her wand in her hand with a grip like iron.

Rosetta walked forward and when she came to a little muggle home she scanned it. Her eyes darted around and then she walked up the cold steps. She knocked on the door and it opened; the head of a small lady poked out.

"Hello..., will you be the new neighbor?" the lady asked. She was old, with bushy hair, but she held some sort of pride in it. She wore a vulture hat and a fuzzy scarf that wanted to make Rosetta sneeze.

"No," Rosetta said coldly. "You're the grandma of Neville Longbottom? Frank Longbottom is your child, yes? And Alice Longbottom, your daughter in law?" She paused, letting the silence drone on, then she leaned against the wall and smiled cruelly. "I'm Rosetta Lestrange."

The door almost slammed in Rosetta's face, but she stopped it firmly with her hand. "I'm not going to hurt you, I just have some questions."

"Go away!"

"I can't even do spells because I'm seventeen, women!" This was not true. Rosetta had turned eighteen only a couple days ago, and she had received some very nice gifts from her Aunt and Uncle. The only reason she was able to get here was because she had aparated.

"Look, I'm not my mother, alright? Please, my mother is a mystery to me, but I don't want her to be," Rosetta said faintly, faking the desperation in her voice. She would use her wand if she had to, but right now she didn't think the idea of the ministry on her tail was a very good one.

There was a pause and then the door slightly opened. "Fine, come in. You have fifteen minutes, then you are to leave and never come back."

"As you wish Mrs. Longbottom," Rosetta said curtly.

The old lady opened the door and Rosetta stepped in.

The house smelled of old cinnamon, weird things lined the walls that Rosetta would have loved to rip down, yarn was thrown here and there, and on a table was a red tote bag. A wand sat beside it, which Mrs. Longbottom grabbed immediately.

Mrs. Longbottom led the two to a table covered in furs and Rosetta set her wand respectively in her coat pocket.

"Your mother was a cruel, murderous, torturous woman. She killed my Frank and Alice," Mrs. Longbottom said quietly.

Rosetta smiled, folding her hands together on the furs. "Was she truly?"

"Yes." Mrs. Longbottom nodded frantically.

"Really..., oh my mother sounds great," Rosetta breathed. She leaned forward with a cruel smile. "Tell me more."

"She drove them mad."

"Epic."

"She murdered them."

"Golden."

"She was cruel."

"Snazzy."

"She was a dark wizard."

"Brilliant."

"She was a death eater!"

"PERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFECTION!!!" Rosetta let out a cruel laugh, head tilted to the ceiling. She enjoyed irritating this woman, with no idea why.