Part One: The Awakening

"Link . . . Link. I am the True Fierce Deity, God of the Moon, God of Balance, Seventh Lord of Balance. I have taken names that may be meaningless, or be shocking. No matter what you believe, I am not evil. Majora and I represent the battle of light and darkness, but our battles ravaged the the entire world, as two cosmic forces, and Hylia sealed us within masks. Please . . . believe me."

That was the voice Link heard before he woke up in Termina Field. He was holding the Fierce Deity's Mask, but he thought. Could the mask really not be evil? He did not hold the Triforce of Courage for no reason, but he crossed the line between courage and recklessness. 

He donned the mask.

As the adrenaline coursed through his veins, he saw a man. He looked similar to Link with the mask, but the tattoos and eyes looked much more natural on him. They were in a room with seven statues. 

The first three appeared to be statues of three women with different gems. On the left was a replica of the Kokiri's Emerald. On the right was a replica of the Goron's Ruby. And more to the left was a replica of the Zora's Sapphire. Next up, more to the right, was a statue of Hylia with a replica of Fi and the Master Sword. Even more to the left was a statue of a man evil-looking man similar to Ganondorf, with a man and a sword at his feet. Behind them, locked in battle, were the original Fierce Deity and . . . Majora.

"You are a very trusting man, no?" said the man.

Link readied his sword. "Only to those I truly trust."

"Are you ready to split your soul? To take the power of a god in your hands and truly destroy Ganon? To fuse your soul and spirit with mine?"

"What are the costs."

"Your mind will remain your own. However, you will earn powers of a god. You will earn limited powers of time that you must already know, what with that ocarina of yours - the power to slow, stop, or speed up time. You will become the patron god of warriors and music. However, you will earn the markings of a true warrior - once you pass the Trials. Then, you must learn to truly see with unclouded eyes - hence my pupiless eyes. The only costs, I believe, are immortality and your loved ones."

"My loved ones?"

"The immortality is both a blessing and a curse. You will never be able to die, but your loved ones will. Speaking of them, they may not accept you as a god. If your bond with them is strong enough, though, you should be able to break through the barrier of clouded sight."

"My eyes are just fine!"

"Tell me, young one, if your friend living on that ranch turned into a being with white hair, tattoos, and strange eyes, would you accept her?"

"How do you know about Mal-"

"I know many things, and even more than usual about you. For example, is it true that you enjoy taking the hats of poor fishermen and mutilating pots?"

"Wha-How-NO! OF COURSE NOT!!!"

"Sure, sure, young hero. Anyway, do you accept."

"Yes."

"Good. These trials will test your mettle, your wisdom, courage, and power, and your endurance. Seven trials. When you finish though, seven years will have passed. See, Link . . . See with unclouded eyes . . ."

Link awakened in Termina. He was the Fierce Deity now. He got up. The Clock Festival had passed.

Hello! I plan to add eight more chapters, if enough people who like it read, I will add more.