Hello my Almost Dead Lover

Hello, I know you probably don't think about me as much as I find myself thinking about you. I don't want to make you feel like you should be thinking about me. You are somewhere else and even if you are I still here with me, I always keep wondering. Do you miss me like I miss you?

"Shuichi!" The teacher called out, breaking his focus on the letter. He looked up to his teacher and saw that she looked angry.

"You need to pay attention! I know you have a situation at home but that doesn't mean that you always get to have a cushion while the other students are working hard." Shuichi just gave her a cold stare. He was right, Shuichi was letting his situation get the best of him. But he couldn't help it. He missed him more than anything and his death was one of the few things that stuck with Shuichi...for longer than they said it would.

"Alright," He said quietly. The teacher scoffed and went back to the lesson. Shuichi blankly stared at the notebook that his and his past lover used to write each other in. Everyday in class they would pass it around like an ongoing note. Their own private conversation, just for them, untouched by the words of others.

But after he passed on Shuichi hasn't felt the same. Everything seems more plain to him, almost like the world was fading to grey and maybe even to black someday. He hated having to continue on without his lover.

They were labeled as freaks by all the others, but he didn't mind, neither of them did. They embraced it and showed off their freaky side to one another, embracing who they wanted to be like a prised treasure finally uncovered. Together they felt found, when the whole world seemed to lose them. Making them feel lost and alone until they met one another.

He stared back down at the notebook looking at his writing on his own page. The other page was blank for a moment before there was some writing that appeared on the page. Shuichi was surprised by this and looked down at the writing.

Hello love! Sorry I had to leave you...but it wasn't me that wanted to leave. They took me from you and I'm trapped here...but I know I way I can get back to you, you just have to be patient my love<3

"What?" He asked, tracing his fingers over the letters. 'Is this real?' He asked looking over the letters again.

"Shuichi," His teacher said, tapping his shoulder. "Hmm," He hummed looking up at the teacher.

"Class is over," The teacher said with a sigh. She smiled at Shuichi while he slowly moved out of his seat. His eyes were glued to his notebook. He was amazed that there was new writing...but he had no clue how it was even possible.

"What are you writing Shuichi? I thought you hated English?" She said reaching for the notebook. Shuichi looked at her with a cold glare. "Don't touch my notebook," He said, feeling defensive about his past lover and the possible connection they could have.

"Okay," She said, sounding a little shaky. Shuichi didn't even acknowledge her and walked out of the classroom.

The hallways were empty mostly because it was already well into lunch period. Shumi couldn't care less either way. He was so consumed by reading the note his lover left him.

He read over the letters over and over again. Until it was almost cemented in his head. Playing over the memories of the times they were with one another. Love and devotion was all they had for one another. They had each other, and that's all they could ever need...until one left. Leaving the other lost and alone.

How are you writing to me? I thought you left...all that time ago. Where are you? I will go anywhere to find you, please come back to me...

He wrote back in the notebook as the world faded around him. Just into a dim noise that he brushed off.