𝘛𝘞𝘖

The acoustic guitar: Elise's first love.

Her phone was set on the desk in front of her, the chords to a song she'd been working on written out on the screen. She sang softly along, shutting her eyes as she began to strum the notes more confidently.

Singing alone was a very different feeling. It wasn't like performing, it wasn't about a big break or money or pleasing other people, she was doing it entirely for herself. Instead of the excitement, three was calm. Instead of cheering, it was it's own attempt to fill the silence. It was a magical thing, to be able to take the emotions that plagued her mind and lay them out neatly in a row.

"Damn." She squealed and nearly dropped the instrument, anger bubbling instantly inside her. "Can everyone here sing?"

"Alex! Don't do that, you scared me half to death!" She brushed strands of brown hair from out of her face as she glared at the boy now standing in the middle of her room. She was hoping Sunset Curve had forgotten all about her, and apparently her wishes hadn't been granted. She definitely hadn't had nearly enough time to process the groundbreaking chain of events that had taken place just a few days prior.

"Not funny." She rolled her eyes as he smirked. The blonde took a seat at the edge of her bed, she turned her chair to face him and the room fell silent for a moment. He spoke again, his voice five times softer now. "What was that about."

"Oh..." Her face flushed, and she sighed. There was no reason not to tell him, it's not like he could go around gossiping. She was, to say the very least, embarrassed that's he'd heard enough of her music to begin drawing conclusions. He'd witnessed something she'd never shown anyone before; the deepest most secret part of her. "My ex, she... I don't know. I write a lot about her. It helps."

"Not over her?"

"Not by a long shot." He stared at the floor for a second, biting his lip in thought.

"I've been there. It might take some time, but when you move on you'll be grateful for the experience, I'm sure." She nodded and cleared her throat as she racked her brain in search of a quick topic change. Communicating her emotions was not her thing.

"Anyways. Why are you here?" If she came off as rude, she didn't care.

"I was hoping we could talk, you know, about the ghost thing."

"Right." She refused to be the instigator of this conversation.

"How did your dad know us?" She refrained from rolling her eyes. Alex's presence was making her nothing but uncomfortable.

"I don't know. He's a musician if that helps: Trevor Wilson? Ring any bells?" His lips pressed into a line and he shook his head.

"None." He let a puff of air out through his nostrils. "Maybe it's just the fact that you'd listened to us before? Or your love for music."

She could have laughed at how cheesy that was, but she couldn't blame him for grasping at straws. He was frustrated and dangling on by a thin string. He just needed a theory and maybe he could sleep more soundly (if he still did that,) God knows she just wanted an explanation too.

"Where's the rest of your band?"

"They're at Julie's, probably. Snooping through her room. I was bored." He fell backward until he was laying on the mattress with his arms spread wide.

"Glad to know I'm your last resort." He let out a low chuckle.

"Not was I meant."

"Sure." The grin that appeared on her face was nothing short of genuine. She had to admit, despite the complete and utter strangeness he brought with him when he decided to poof into her room unannounced, he did make good company. He was fun to talk to.