0| Children Dreams [1]

"Promise me something."
"What?"
"Marry me."

Yume harshly tugged her sister's skirt, which caused the owner to almost stumble back

Yume harshly tugged her sister's skirt, which caused the owner to almost stumble back. Yume didn't like waiting. She doesn't see the point of it. She knows that they're going to leave soon, she doesn't know why it's taking so long.

"Goodbye mother."

Yume watched as her sister kissed their mother's cheek one last time before they finally stepped outside and left the threshold called home.

She heard her sister let out a sigh and prepared for a lecture.

"It's rude to pull people's skirts, Yume."

Yume frowned, hiding the scowl that almost made it's way to her face. "You were taking too long."

Her sister sighed again, this time turning to face her. "You know you should be patient Yume."

"Patient?" Yume finally let the scowl burst to her face. "Why do we have to wait to leave?"

"That's not something a lady must say."

Yume groaned, detaching her grip from her sister's skirt as if it were poisonous venom. "Again with that!"

Her sister frowned, halting in her steps. "With what?"

"Being proper." Yume crossed her arms across her chest, her scowl turning into a frown. "Why must you ruin all the fun?"

Her sister paused, letting Yume's words sink in. Yume didn't meant for it to sound mean but she can't help it. She didn't like her sister lecturing her about being a proper woman. A lady at her age.

"I'm not ruining all the fun Yume."

She snorted. "Says the person whose lecturing me about being a proper lady."

"I'm not lecturing you, I'm reminding you-."

"No difference."

The frown on her sister's face remained. Yume looked away, her eyes nesting on a reddish apple not a tree away. She heard the leaves crunch but Yume didn't turn to look. She did when she felt her sister's hand on her cheek.

She watched as her sister let out another sigh, but her face didn't settle with a frown but with a small smile.

"I know it's difficult for you to cope with everything Yume, it's difficult for me too but you must know that everything changes."

"Learning about being a lady at my age is difficult."

Her sister winced. "I know."

"Why can't I act like a child now? Why can't you?"

Her sister smiled sadly. "You know we can't. Especially you."

"We're just children." Yume huffed.

"Elves learn about manners at a young age. Especially royalty."

"You're not royalty."

Her sister smiled. "And neither are you."

Yume frowned more. "I'm not an elf."

"You're half, mahal." Her sister shrugged. "That still makes you an elf."

What her sister said is true. She is still an elf, even if it's just half or a little bit of it. And Yume can't deny that truth, even if her blood is mixed with human blood.

Yume bit her lip. "I wish dad was here."

Her sister nodded sadly. "I do too."

"Then we could play and act like children before we turn ten."

Her sister hummed, slowly starting her steps. Yume followed after, returning to grip her sister's skirt.

"How delightful that will be."